Do we really want What'sBestForum to ever become AVShowroomsForum?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
So are we here to talk about audio or each other?

Rob:confused:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
? Why is this guy dumping-on Amir? I do not see Amir holding anyone captive. Does Amir have a secret jail?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
+1 on the HTFU thing, it's not worth it to care too much about what other people think.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
That is punny

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
When I owned his speakers, it was VSA. Did he change that?

..you are correct...I must have had a sudden attack of dyslexia...I even own VSA speakers. Getting old is a bitch..

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Great to be on the side that's winning :)

Yes Mike, it feels great to stand by our convictions...in knowing the difference between right and wrong. :b
There's nothing wrong by being right, and it might take some time before we realize it...for certain.
And we can change too...that's the power all of us we have and have the right to exercise.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Yes Mike, it feels great to stand by our convictions...in knowing the difference between right and wrong. :b
There's nothing wrong by being right, and it might take some time before we realize it...for certain.
And we can change too...that's the power all of us we have and have the right to exercise.

Well said Bob :)

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Willdo Mike. Btw, it's to my eternal shame I've never heard of the Peter Popoff guy you posted at me a while back. I was in equal measure laughing my socks off at that video, and trying to put my jaw back as it hit the floor. That is a WHOLE new level of alternative reality.

No different than we see everyday in audio. Faith is the best selling commodity in the world. You know that guys been officially debunked on several occasions since the 80's, yet he's still at it on late night tv raking in millions. If people want to believe in something, it's very difficult to change. Reality and truth has no bearing.

esldude

No different than we see everyday in audio. Faith is the best selling commodity in the world. You know that guys been officially debunked on several occasions since the 80's, yet he's still at it on late night tv raking in millions. If people want to believe in something, it's very difficult to change. Reality and truth has no bearing.

Amen Brother, preach it, PREACH IT right!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Great to be on the side that's winning :)

The side that's winning?
Mike, I hope you don't think that's you w/yr rinky dink digital. It certainly isn't us hardened dinosaur vinylphiles.
No, it's the side that has made mp3/i-pod/music on the go/listen to music whilst ironing/hot mastering/brickwalling totally acceptable and taken up by the masses.
If you really think y'r some kind of salvation, Peter Popoff has something for you :rolleyes:.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
..., Peter Popoff has something for you :rolleyes:.

Oh my god lord! This guy is a total joke...I'm surprised that they let him take control of our tubes (TVs, the air), for so long! Ouch, an atrocity for our society living in this country.

Why are you even mentioning that name here @ WBF! This resonates in my head as the worst nightmare ever! :D ...Please, please, please. :D ...James Brown ok, but no Popoff's mention please for nativity's sake. :D

End of song, next tune... :b

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Oh my god lord! This guy is a total joke...I'm surprised that they let him take control of our tubes (TVs, the air), for so long! Ouch, an atrocity for our society living in this country.

Why are you even mentioning that name here @ WBF! This resonates in my head as the worst nightmare ever! :D ...Please, please, please. :D ...James Brown ok, but no Popoff's mention please for nativity's sake. :D

End of song, next tune... :b

Don't shoot the messenger :eek:! Blame Blizz/Mike, he posted a whole video on the grounding thread.
I've already had a FIFTEEN minute youtube video on Psychic Healing posted for my attention on WBF (hmm, re grounding again - this stuff REALLY pisses off the grey clipboard-bearing objectivists), I'm a bit of a veteran of the cool and collected measurements crowd losing their rag at regular intervals.
Laughing aside, if Mike really thinks that buying a grounding box is equivalent to having my life's savings and self respect pillaged by a psychotic sociopath like Popoff, we have even less in common, and less than that to talk about.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Spaz, +1 re yr thoughts on the mods being in a lose-lose situation.
Tbh, there may be a growing trend, and I don't excuse myself here, on members becoming terser and terser, to the point of personal attack, maybe occas tipping over into slander.
For me, I really don't want to use the "ignore" button - this is so much like sticking fingers in yr ears and screaming "I can't hear you!!!"
And I don't want to depart the forum. Just when I think there isn't anything interesting me, something curious arises, and I follow on (eg leading to an Apogee trial I'm about to do).
And critically, I have many guys online I really want to hear their views.

And maybe more importantly, to come across like minded souls such as y'self. Not one post have you made Spaz that hasn't been really intuitive, cutting thru the cloying BS in yr inimitable way.

But yes, the mods must be pissed off big time having to try and sort out a pretty unruly playground.
As my GF says "suck it up and move on!" - in fact I can hear her right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing