Do we really want What'sBestForum to ever become AVShowroomsForum?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
well i feel a bit sorry for andrew despite his conspiricy theroy regarding me being blizzard etc. he obviously felt he was speaking with the authority of a shared concensus on this forum. in going after amir and the forum in general in his post he has since had the rug pull out from under him, maybe a little unfairly.

i can only imagen how he must feel reading through the backlash he has inspired, blizzard claiming some sort of total victory totally unopposed.
it is rather naive at best to transport ones sense of self importance and ones own sense of justice from the 'real world' to the forum arena and expect to live happy ever after, like a fairytail princess.

if his ego can stand it i hope he sticks around.

with all that in mind i would like to offer for what little its worth my sympathy:eek: to amir and the other mods who seem to have had a hard time of late. we really dont make thier lifes very easy,continuely and very publicly putting them in no win situations.

thank you to all the mods but amir in peticular as its he that seems to come in for a bashing from all sides including his own:rolleyes:

whats to be remembered is although this place is for members it is a great resourse for everyone, so its not just about what anyone member/members demand. you can all be proud of creating this resource for the whole on-line community. it will be helping millions most of whom never sign up let alone post.

...now where did i put that axe i was grinding.

Excellent post!

I especially agree with you regarding the mods in general and Amir in particular. We need to not make a religion of our audio beliefs and learn how to challenge our own pre-conceived notions. There is a tendency for humans to want to be right ...all the time.. It is liberating to understand and embrace that you can and very often are wrong. Just correct if you can and move on. Easy to say much more Difficult to observe but worthwhile and the path to progress in this case more enjoyment of music.

This is a very good forum and we can make it even better by admitting that there will and should be different opinions/preferences/point of views... The only forum that I frequent regularly.
Happy New Year to you all!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Excellent post!

I especially agree with you regarding the mods in general and Amir in particular. We need to not make a religion of our audio beliefs and learn how to challenge our own pre-conceived notions. There is a tendency for humans to want to be right ...all the time.. It is liberating to understand and embrace that you can and very often are wrong. Just correct if you can and move on. Easy to say much more Difficult to observe but worthwhile and the path to progress in this case more enjoyment of music.

This is a very good forum and we can make it even better by admitting that there will and should be different opinions/preferences/point of views... The only forum that I frequent regularly.
Happy New Year to you all!

The people who were upset with Blizzard weren't so because he was expressing a different point of view. That just ignores the whole problem. And if we are to move on, not sure why we are stuck on this thread.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
well bonzo you seem to be at odds with the new found cathartic concensus that this thread has brought. i think everyone has moved on, your flatform is empty.. next train is some time away;) maybe best to hop in a cab m8:D

Yes, I am planning to remain stuck in and troll. It takes two to tango. And it's fun, since the mods encourage it.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Yes, I am planning to remain stuck in and troll. It takes two to tango. And it's fun, since the mods encourage it.

Very interesting, mature and constructive attitude.. please carry on.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Very interesting, mature and constructive attitude.. please carry on.

Thanks. Been encouraged by the mods, and the people supporting the wrong principles. Or, as some describe it, just a different viewpoint.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
The side that's winning?
Mike, I hope you don't think that's you w/yr rinky dink digital. It certainly isn't us hardened dinosaur vinylphiles.
No, it's the side that has made mp3/i-pod/music on the go/listen to music whilst ironing/hot mastering/brickwalling totally acceptable and taken up by the masses.
If you really think y'r some kind of salvation, Peter Popoff has something for you :rolleyes:.

Give Peter a shout. He will fix you up with some faith based turn table mods that can take your vinyl up to digital quality levels :)

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I think it's a really good forum, I don't even mind Bonzo.
Keith

That's being open minded and tolerant. If you can do it everyone can. Good for you Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing