Zero-Distortion: Visit to Mike Lavigne - Saskia vs CS Port vs NVS, DaVa, Etsuro, Primary Control

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I found this to be true. I had the Etna SL , Atlas and Atlas Lambda here.

While the Etna SL had its attributes, for me, the Atlas variants were preferable on many fronts. Today the Etsuro Gold offers much of the Etna SL and Atlas in one package.

how did you like the lambda

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Both Brinkmann and Primary Control prefer low torque and some platter mass to lessen the need for tight (or any) regulation….Monaco seems to use extreme regulation and NVS I don’t know.

Monaco also uses low torque, some platter mass and low tolerances. I would say they use fast computation and a high sampling rate which actually allows them to avoid extreme regulation -- often one adjustment per side. That is v2.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Well whatever it is it works. I also am a believer that the Kinea is a stone cold value in the TT spectrum...

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
how did you like the lambda
While I loved the purity of Etna SL- it was just not working for me in terms of excitement. The Lambda version of the Atlas is almost like a different animal. Very coherent, textured and alive. The predecessor Atlas I made work for me because I loved the energy- however, I could see where some may even call it strident at times. The Lambda is none of that.

For sometime I have run the GFS and made that cartridge work for me as well.

I could easily live with the Atlas Lambda.

I am loving the Etsuro Gold here in its early days incredibly harmonically engaging top to bottom with no smear and tons of detail without any fatigue. I am a fan right out of the box- which is not what I typically find. Still some run in required.

I am going to be on round two of DaVa trials as I made some changes to address hum - right now I have not been able to get it quite correct. I will try with my changes soon to attempt to understand what the DaVa's all about. At this point I can't offer any opinion on the DaVa.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing