Zero Distortion: Tango Time

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Preferring AB… is this Rostropovich and Britten? Very lovely performance either way Ked.

Reactions: bonzo75

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Preferring AB… is this Rostropovich and Britten? Very lovely performance either way Ked.
People after people once hear the Neumann ends up preferring it just like you Graham. Where else can you hear this ..except from WBF.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
People after people once hear the Neumann ends up preferring it just like you Graham. Where else can you hear this ..except from WBF.
The move to greater sharing here has been such a good opportunity to learn for me Tang and very much appreciated, it’s fantastic exposure as you say to otherwise unavailable experience. As a spin-off it has led me to doing some listening compares to the Shafran/Ginsburg, Navarra/D’Arco and Rostropovich/Britten pairings in Schubert’s Arpeggione so it’s been a bit of an unfolding win win for me. It does make me wish I had a slightly bigger budget as well lol but then still also lucky to have as much good music as I have.

Last edited:

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Hey Tang kun!

I am anxiously waiting to hear/see your new setup, any new videos?

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Comparing two videos of the same record - you prefer A or AB?

AB:

A:
I preferred the second is that A , but there was noise in the left channel panned way left as I heard it, but not in the AB track
the cello had much more detail and realism in the A version ( second) and piano seemed set back in soundstage as you would expect, in the AB first version they seems flatter in perspective and the piano more prominent in the mix the cello less forward

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: ddk

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hey Tang kun!

I am anxiously waiting to hear/see your new setup, any new videos?
No new video Kodomo san. I am still in the audio dormancy. Here is a video I took before I disassembled the Cessaro. I like how grand, boundaryless, never feel encapsulated the sound is with my Cessaro setup.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
No new video Kodomo san. I am still in the audio dormancy. Here is a video I took before I disassembled the Cessaro. I like how grand, boundaryless, never feel encapsulated the sound is with my Cessaro setup.

Tympani excellent , as is brass, is this Previn/Holst Planets ?

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Tympani excellent , as is brass, is this Previn/Holst Planets ?
Uranus from Planets. Maybe it is Solti with LSO?

Dear @Tango. it always felt like you had great sound and you got there step by step. This was sounding really good too. I hope this big change does not leave you behind but get you to an even better place. Good luck!

Reactions: morricab

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Dear @Tango. it always felt like you had great sound and you got there step by step. This was sounding really good too. I hope this big change does not leave you behind but get you to an even better place. Good luck!
It is Stokowski. The TAD drivers are superb. They really go well with Lamm. My Cessaro dealer also agree with me they match with this brand better than anything he has heard. Transparency is as clear as air in your room. Instruments just spring to life holographically natural. The Eurodyn will present sound in different way from Cessaro. A different kind of suspension of disbelief. Hopefully I can ignite my fire this month. :)

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia

Could be Solti or Stokowski hmm , I have copy but not played, bass is wonderful and tone anyway

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
It is Stokowski. The TAD drivers are superb. They really go well with Lamm. My Cessaro dealer also agree with me they match with this brand better than anything he has heard. Transparency is as clear as air in your room. Instruments just spring to life holographically natural. The Eurodyn will present sound in different way from Cessaro. A different kind of suspension of disbelief. Hopefully I can ignite my fire this month. :)
Yes I am used to Tad drivers from Rey audio which sound amazing as do early Westlake‘s with TAD

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Tango I have heard Eurodyn on chamber and amazing, I am not sure about big orchestral compared with Cessaro gamma’s with bass bins

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Teaser glimpse Tang has assembled them partially. Still has to do connections work rest his back and resume tomorrow. System still to be set up

Dark brown wood, two different shades

67E0F986-FFA0-4785-9F45-7F90312D1F39.jpeg
1E7679DA-8837-4909-B64B-9A9FBD985D81.jpeg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
When his videos are ready he will post them on YouTube

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
"Rest his back".....I hear ya' on that one.

Tom

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing