Zero Distortion: Tango Time

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Not all of them can be found for sure, actually most of them can not be found but still some of them can. We are on the same page. Rather than having a lower generation, radio copy tape transfer or a deteriorated tape, I would have a proper pressing of the performance. Still, there are some collectors around the world as well as some official vaults with surprising titles of tapes that were very close to masters if not the masters or safety masters of the material!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Not all of them can be found for sure, actually most of them can not be found but still some of them can. We are on the same page. Rather than having a lower generation, radio copy tape transfer or a deteriorated tape, I would have a proper pressing of the performance. Still, there are some collectors around the world as well as some official vaults with surprising titles of tapes that were very close to masters if not the masters or safety masters of the material!

Yes on official vaults but not commercial I think. If someone does find a collector who can sell to him such tapes, he should go tapes and optimize his playback for it

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
This Franz Schubert's Standchen is so damn beautiful. Can Schubert experts please recommend me the violin/piano and tenor/piano of this please. I was never interested in a tenor but I heard on youtube of this Standchen and loved it. Whatever he was singing I did not even understand. Simply beautiful.

Reactions: tima

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
For the leider Dietrich Fisher dieskau or Peter Schreier whomever you like.

Piano elly ney?

All cheap to try

Reactions: tima

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Here is Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau with Gerald Moore from 1958. Just beautiful.

Not sure if Fischer-Dieskau also recorded Standchen with Sviatoslav Richter but they certainly recorded much of Schubert’s Lieder together.

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Here is Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau with Gerald Moore from 1958. Just beautiful.

Not sure if Fischer-Dieskau also recorded Standchen with Sviatoslav Richter but they certainly recorded much of Schubert’s Lieder together.

Is there Italian, German, French version? What language is most common of tenor.

Kind regards,
Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Most of Schubert is in Hindi, French, and Italian

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tang, if you are looking at Schubert you are not just looking at tenor but you will generally like leider

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Tang... thinking German is the only way to fly with Schubert. I had a French flatmate who designed communications systems for submarines and I thought when his mates came around for dinner that a world of French language was world of pure poetry... but I remember him then telling me he thought that German was truly poetic.

Perhaps Ked’s full on Hindi Bollywood adaptation is a nice move but just a touch too dance orientated even for Schubert... but then the film would definitely be worth seeing.

Cheers
Tao

Last edited:
Reactions: tima and bonzo75

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
I am expanding my collection on Ed Pong's Ultra Analog tapes. Yesterday another lot of his tapes came in. The piece I show in video is a Hungarian Rhapsody #2 by I dont know who either Mami Hagiwara or Yun-Yang Lee. This is my new reference software for piano. The air in my room was just vibrating. For tape people, this one is more than worth the price. You also get B Kruetzer Presto and Kroll Banjo & Fiddle in this tape. I did not look carefully when I ordered this tape. I actually wanted the First Movement Kreutzer. I did not see it is Presto.

Interesting piece. You mention that the air in your room was just vibrating and I've no doubt you could feel those vibrations. But in a concert hall do you suspect you'd feel those same vibrations with that same intensity?

Assume for the moment that you're seated in the 10th row at a large concert hall. I'd be interested to know your thoughts of potential differences between your Hungarian Rhapsody piece above and my in-room recording below.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Gian and ddk told me to spend as much time with my boy as possible when he is small...before he runs out to a girl. I am doing just that. Tango Time.

1558868101568.jpg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Me? I prefer my non audio quality time to be instead holding a beer.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey Ked, it's you who's twiddling your thumbs without a system.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I do like melodic music. This George Winton December is a feel good easy listening contemporary piano. All songs in the album are beautiful. The quality of recording is similar to Keith Jarrett Koln Concert. The clarity is excellent, dynamic range is superb and the tone in high is liquid and sweet. A good record to have and enjoy with wifie. This Pachelbel Kanon reminds me of a Korean series.

E7147F7F-90CD-4879-AE84-1213B81FEEC5.jpeg

Reactions: dan31

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing