Zero Distortion: Tango Time

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
That's a lovely backyard with lush greeneries. And that trampoline looks safe for your little boy.
What flag is it Tang?
Thai flags of course. They make my house looks like an ambassador residence.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Not as fast as you for sure my friend Lagonda. ;)
You are right, i don’t have the stamina for gardening. It is hard work.
But your version probably involves 2 or 3 “experts” for the heavy work while you smell the flowers:p

Reactions: christoph

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I first heard this album from Bonzo's video of ZerostarGeneral's system. It is too good an album by Ida Haendel. The label is Supraphon DV5898. The album contains famous pieces of various composers. €60 for this clean vinyl. The video I recorded is Kreisler's Preludium. I love the way she put herself into a stroke of the bow...quite a character...no hold back yet humble with a little twist.

115DBA2B-B3F4-46F1-9CCF-BB7B8F807D6A.jpeg

Attachments

• 411B1F52-BCE5-4567-B5D5-A76136908E07.jpeg
    411B1F52-BCE5-4567-B5D5-A76136908E07.jpeg
    794.5 KB · Views: 1

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Thai flags of course. They make my house looks like an ambassador residence.
You ARE the ambassador of good taste in Music :p

Reactions: NorthStar

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
You are right, i don’t have the stamina for gardening. It is hard work.
But your version probably involves 2 or 3 “experts” for the heavy work while you smell the flowers:p
I thought the same ;)
But to be fair, master Tang was a little like this in high end as well before but evolved to become a real expert himself :cool:

Reactions: Lagonda

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
You ARE the ambassador of good taste in Music :p
If you also include elevator music as good taste then I humbly accept your compliment.

I thought the same ;)
But to be fair, master Tang was a little like this in high end as well before but evolved to become a real expert himself :cool:
Lagonda san saw right through me. I have people digging dirts for me. I only boss around in the sun. :cool:

Can't find it anywhere, sounds great though.
I bought it from discog.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Can't find it anywhere, sounds great though.

Nice Girl and a Violin music.

Try search terms: Ida Haendel Kreisler

You probably won't find the Supraphon citation from Tang, but there are others on that label. For example:

https://www.discogs.com/Ida-Haendel-Alfred-Holeček-Famous-Violin-Compositions/release/6073722

R-6073722-1490692266-6913.jpeg.jpg

Supraphon ?– SUA ST 50465
Prelude And Allegro
Arranged By – Fritz Kreisler
Composed By – Gaetano Pugnani

The original was 1962 (I think) in mono - the above is 1974, but there are releases in other years.

That composer attribution above is amusingly incorrect. While Gaetano Pugnani was an Italian violinist in the mid-1700s, the piece was actually written by Kriesler himself who borrowed Pugnani's name to publish some of his own work. Certain critics had egg on their faces for several years.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That's a great LP. That's the one he heard on my video of the general but he bought the wrong one

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
If you also include elevator music as good taste then I humbly accept your compliment.
I also meant your gear and choice thereof.

Lagonda san saw right through me. I have people digging dirts for me. I only boss around in the sun. :cool:
I did too ;)
In Hifi and music, you also had your advisors but you evolved your own confidence in your hearing and taste to become a master yourself :cool:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I thought the same ;)

Yes. It is like he moved from one universe to another. Though sometimes he does behave like Matt Mcnaughey in Interstellar. Stuck forever between two universes

Reactions: christoph

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Anyway, back to audio. Here is another excellent album both in term of performance and sonic. The Francescatti Plays Kreisler, Columbia ML 5255. I paid only $13 for it. The music is very enjoyable on both sides. The way it was recorded and presents sound is almost similar to the RCA Victor Heifetz Kreutzer I got from ZerostarGeneral which I highly rated. This is an album that cheer me up after a dozen hit-and-miss's on Shostakovic in the past weeks.

View attachment 57981

Here is Francescatti taking us to the orient. Tambourin Chinois.

Tang

I knew this was a good performance find by Tang when I heard his clip of it playing. So I got a copy hoping for the best. The thing is usually Columbia 6 eye is trash...

I don't know how he does it, finding gems, but the album sounds good on probably any stereo.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I don't know how he does it, finding gems, but the album sounds good on probably any stereo.
]

I found crap all the time. I was 0 out of 12 on Shostakovich. But it is my hobby so I keep searching. I normally start out with specific song I like. And I keep searching for that song in different interpretation by different musicians. In this case, the Kreisler's Preludium was what I after. Haendel's interpretation was one of the best. Better is maybe by Milstein but Milstein is so very expensive. Then I found Francescatti in youtube. Sonically, this Francescatti album is great but if you listen to him on Preludium you would feel like he was rushing his bow to go to a toilet :D.

Tang

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Wellllll I'll just wait for you to inform me I guess :cool:

I spin almost everything at record stores I go to, hoping to find something good. Sadly almost all of the good stuff I get online after recommendations.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I did not post this elsewhere because we have a kind of thing going on here with these recommendations. I hope it is not a problem.

It is not so easy to find good pressings for me down in Turkey (not able to pay over ebay) and it is becoming very hard to import stuff (new limits on imports) or even pay for what I find (no paypal). However, there are some shops that import new releases. I am very happy with the new analogphonic reissues so I wanted to share it.

I got a few analogphonic reissues two days ago and all of them turned out to be great (to my ears). Especially the older recordings like Erica Morini vol1 or the Fournier are so good I am amazed. The performances are amazing, the jackets are great, pressings are silent and top notch and overall very good sound makes this a whole desirable package for me. Just wanted to let people know if you are one of those people that are not always able to hunt clean, affordable first pressings.

Attachments

• analogphonicpurchase.JPG
    analogphonicpurchase.JPG
    553.5 KB · Views: 16

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I did not post this elsewhere because we have a kind of thing going on here with these recommendations. I hope it is not a problem.

It is not so easy to find good pressings for me down in Turkey (not able to pay over ebay) and it is becoming very hard to import stuff (new limits on imports) or even pay for what I find (no paypal). However, there are some shops that import new releases. I am very happy with the new analogphonic reissues so I wanted to share it.

I got a few analogphonic reissues two days ago and all of them turned out to be great (to my ears). Especially the older recordings like Erica Morini vol1 or the Fournier are so good I am amazed. The performances are amazing, the jackets are great, pressings are silent and top notch and overall very good sound makes this a whole desirable package for me. Just wanted to let people know if you are one of those people that are not always able to hunt clean, affordable first pressings.

Thanks Okan for that update. I found earlier Analogphonic releases of such poor production quality that I no longer buy them. Their Bernstein Mahler 2nd was **** - at least the four copies I tried - great performance. Thing is they do choose interesting titles, which likely no one else will reissue. If they have their act together, as you suggest, I may try another. Good to know.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing