XiTron Alpha Digital Power Cord

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Dear Caelin,
Thanks a lot for the prompt answer, very appreciated.
I have another one and last question for you.

I plan to update some Cx PCs to XiTron PCs in the coming days, one on the preamp (I presently have a Python on my Audio Research REF 5SE preamp) and was planning to update an Anaconda CX to an Anaconda XiTron on the Hydra Triton.
All my components are plugged in the Triton, including also my Nagra MSA amp.

I would appreciate very much you advice regarding this:
Would it be preferable to opt with the Alpha HC on the Triton instead of the Anaconda XiTron?
And with the Alpha Analog on the Preamp instead of a Python XiTron? Since they are more specified in their use and are less expensive?

Thanks again ! Your power cables are fantastic !!

Gilles

Hm, these are difficult to answer without an intimate knowledge of your system. First, the CX series power cords are exceptional performers by any standard. The XiTron cables are better in some aspects but your money may be better used somewhere else. Do you have a Hydra Typhon? If not, I would recommend that you keep your existing power cords, for now, and get the Typhon.

There may be a more clearly defineable upgrade from the CX power cords in the near future.

Gilles

Jun 5, 2014
Hm, these are difficult to answer without an intimate knowledge of your system. First, the CX series power cords are exceptional performers by any standard. The XiTron cables are better in some aspects but your money may be better used somewhere else. Do you have a Hydra Typhon? If not, I would recommend that you keep your existing power cords, for now, and get the Typhon.

There may be a more clearly defineable upgrade from the CX power cords in the near future.

Thank you so much for the information.
I'll follow your advice for sure and wait for the next cables upgrade and have a serious listen to the Typhon addition to my existing Triton.

Regards.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing