New OFC Power Cord from Ice Age Audio

iceageaudio

Mar 16, 2014
Midland, Michigan
www.iceageaudio.com
This is Rick with Ice Age Audio. I wanted to make everyone aware of our new OFC Power Cord. While our original line of Power Cords remains the foundation of our company, our new OFC Power Cord takes everything to the next level. It’s available in both 15 and 20 amp versions. It’s constructed from our Cryo Treated, Soft Drawn, Solid core, 99.9999% Pure Oxygen Free Copper Wire. It’s the same wire that we use for our Interconnects, USB and Speaker Cables, each item using a different configuration. Stu McCreary of Positive-Feedback Magazine is currently preparing a review of our entire product line. After trying/demoing our assorted products, he came back to me and stated…My system has never sounded this good!!! This is coming from a person who has been writing reviews for the industry for 40+ years. Stu is now using our OFC series in his own personal listening system. This is also the case for Don Sachs, builder of High End Tube Gear. and John Mingo, founder (now retired) of Baetis Music and Media Servers. This cable has the warmth of Copper, along with the detail of Silver, without the harshness. The sound stage is HUGE, with warm, low bottom end, accurate instrument placement and precise up front vocals. When accompanied with our other products, you can definitely achieve the “You are there” experience. If you haven’t heard of us, just Google our company name, and the rest is self-explanatory. We are NOT a Smoke-N-Mirrors Company, we simply offer a product that works, at a fair price.

Please take a look at our site, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Rick – Ice Age Audio

https://iceageaudio.com/new-ofc-series

www.positive-feedback.com

These forums are here to educate and inform. This post contains no pricing or promotional information, it’s only making you aware.

Attachments

• blob-631e942(1).png
    blob-631e942(1).png
    283.4 KB · Views: 10

Labpro

Apr 13, 2020
Boston
I learned about Ice Age Audio after reading positive feedback from someone who was experimenting with their Puritan 156 power conditioner (connection from wall to the 156). I tried the new OFC power cord and after about 50 hours, it sounded great. So given the relatively low cost, I added 3 more power cords to my tube mono amps and my turntable, with great results. I’m running “long run” speaker cables because my system is 5 meters from my speakers. Before adding these cables, I was getting a rather “thin sounding” presentation. Now there is much more meat on the bone, the sound stage is giant, and spacial cues really portray the venue of the performance.

Just my 2 cents. I don’t have any relationship with the company.

iceageaudio

Mar 16, 2014
Midland, Michigan
www.iceageaudio.com
This a one of the responses that I received from a client who has purchased this cable.

My audio “goal” is to replicate the sound of a live performance. Typically that includes some musical warmth coupled with startling dynamics and an appreciation for the venue.

After 50 hours of burn in, the cables began to open up nicely and by 100 hours I did not notice any further changes. You can be fooled into thinking these are average cables before the 50 hour mark so you must be patient.

I bought 2 power cords to start. I placed 1 from the dedicated wall outlet (using Porter Ports) connected to my Puritan 156 power conditioner and 1 from the Puritan to my turntable. All of my auditioning thus far was done on vinyl.

The overall “weight” of the presentation changed for the better. This drove significantly better dynamics and “you are there” engagement.

On Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley (People Get Ready), bass, mid-base, and the pluck of guitar strings were alive and believable. The snap of the drums were startling.

On Alison Krauss Windy City (You Don’t Know Me), the vocals were smooth as silk, without sounding hifi. You were in the studio for the recording.

On Janos Starker Dvorak Violoncello Concerto (Living Presence Stereo SR90303) the orchestra was powerful, the horns were brassy and Starker’s cello performance was emotional and engaging. You can hear every movement of his bow across the cello. Simply stunning resolution.

I realize that folks like to compare your cables to more expensive brands. I’ve owned some expensive cables that were great, and some not so great.

For me it comes down to system synergy. Your new power cables are an excellent complement to my tube components and high efficiency speakers.

I look forward to exploring some of your other products.

iceageaudio

Mar 16, 2014
Midland, Michigan
www.iceageaudio.com
This is a follow up post. The review from positive feedback has been released. Please take a moment to check it out. If you're an audiophile on a budget, or simply don't want to pay some of the ridiculous prices that the overpriced name brands are charging. Here's an option for you. You can get the quality and performance at a fraction of the cost.

Thank you in advance - Rick

chopchopbin

Sep 27, 2015
Many years ago when I purchased an Audio Research 75SE amplifier from a gentleman from Berkeley, CA, he told me that the special sauce is not to buy expensive cables for the amplifier but to use the Ice Age Audio cable. I asked him to sell me his special cable but he declined. I ordered one online and was very happy with it. I have since sold the amplifier along with the cord as a package. Since then I have been chasing brand names like Shunyata, Audioquest, Synergistic, etc. Reading this thread, I may order one of their OFC power cable to try. Just my $$0.02

Reactions: Labpro

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Best of luck Rick. I really hope you get similar positive comments elsewhere. I must admit that the PF review was a gush / over the top piece of prose (if it's too good to be true, then......) that might discourage others from auditioning your wire. I hope not.

God knows that the price of high end cable is, in my view, absurd and totally unjustified. Your approach, and subsequent pricing, is a breath of fresh air similar to DH Labs and Signal Cable. Will consider for my much simplified / down sized system in the future. Best. Gordon

Last edited:
Reactions: GroovySauce

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing