Wilson Audio announces The Pedestal isolation pod.

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Hi metaphacts

I didn’t know they were coming out with another version for lighter weight equipment, good to know. My cd transport weighs 33 lbs so I think it should be ok.

The three salespeople at the store all seem to be convinced that the Wilson feet are something special. All I can say is we’ll find out. Stay tuned......

Scot

Hi Scot,

I played with the original production protos under my Nagra PL-P Preamp which weighs a bit under 10lbs. I noticed that the spring mechanism (action, not a coil) was not depressing at all. When I mentioned this to engineering, Blake offered me the lighter weight prototypes. They haven't left since. As soon as production can catch up, I'll add another set under my Nagra CDP and my Pass Aleph 3.

Have fun with them.

Bill

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Hi Scot,

I played with the original production protos under my Nagra PL-P Preamp which weighs a bit under 10lbs. I noticed that the spring mechanism (action, not a coil) was not depressing at all. When I mentioned this to engineering, Blake offered me the lighter weight prototypes. They haven't left since. As soon as production can catch up, I'll add another set under my Nagra CDP and my Pass Aleph 3.

Have fun with them.

Bill

Very cool. I love my old Pass Aleph 3. Don't hear about them much anymore.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
I imagine Wilson are pricing to the result and the market...if the market will pay for a given result in that range, and Wilson are able to achieve that result (whether with more expensive materials or less expensive...its the result that matters)...then they are pricing to that level.

With all due respect, sounds like justification of "herd" mentality. If everyone else does it , I can too irrespective of actual manufacturing costs. That's the core of the issue with hi end mentality / pricing strategy and counter to common sense value pricing. Lower unit retail price, more sales, more long term profit. Think Tesla as one example. As you know, they have a waiting list (with deposits) for some of their models.

Last edited:

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
It seems my question about weight was appropriate. In any case, I assume Wilson has developed a product of a quality and pricing that's aimed at its market. Since that's not mine, and I don't own Wilson speakers, I'll have to stick with the EVPs.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
With all due respect, sounds like justification of "herd" mentality. If everyone else does it , I can too irrespective of actual manufacturing costs. That's the core of the issue with hi end mentality / pricing strategy and counter to common sense value pricing. Lower unit retail price, more sales, more long term profit. Think Tesla as one example. As you know, they have a waiting list (with deposits) for some of their models.
I am simply pointing out it's what the market can bear. They are providing a service which the market has established (7 years prior to their coming on the scene) is priced at this level. If the market is a herd...well, that definitely happens.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012
As you are an owner and advocate of CenterStage footers, your views here would be read with great interest by me and likely a lot of others. Look forward to reading about it if you decide to try.
Been testing Pedestals under a dCS Vivaldi DAC sitting on a M3X base of my HRS rack. Definitely improves the sound - tastier than without 9 (think butter vs. margarine). Yet to try far less expensive EVP’s...

Reactions: goodsource

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012
Hey, your curiosity with the Pedestal made me curious whether you ever got to try them? If so i would enjoy and appreciate your opinion,thanks marc
Just to update where I am today: though the Wilson’s were a nice improvement, I figured it would be best to investigate other options. And since I have been using HRS racks for quite a few years, I contacted Mike Latvis at HRS, who suggested I give the HRS Vortex a try. Based on his experience with using them with the dCS DAC, he felt it a more effective solution. So, I did and found them substantially better. But as we all know, all such choices are quite system dependent. Others might well discover yet more alternatives which work better in their own systems.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just to update where I am today: though the Wilson’s were a nice improvement, I figured it would be best to investigate other options. And since I have been using HRS racks for quite a few years, I contacted Mike Latvis at HRS, who suggested I give the HRS Vortex a try. Based on his experience with using them with the dCS DAC, he felt it a more effective solution. So, I did and found them substantially better. But as we all know, all such choices are quite system dependent. Others might well discover yet more alternatives which work better in their own systems.
Great to know! I just finished setting up the Robert Koda 160 isolation...took a while to get it right. Also using HRS, in our case a combination of Stillpoints U6 + Nimbus Couplers...except that in addition to placing the Nimbus Assembly on top of the Stillpoints U6...we also have a single HRS elastomer coupler under the Stillpoints. In some respects, it looks like a giant HRS Assembly...from the top:

1 Robert Koda K160 underside
2 HRS Nimbus Assembly
- HRS Elastomer
- HRS Aluminum
- HRS Elastomer
3 Stillpoints U6 + Base
4 HRS Elastomer
5 Shelf

The Robert Koda now presents basically a purer, more agile and clearer version of itself along with its innate organic purity of tone. As much I like the Stillpoints clarity, I would never use it without HRS, but when combined, the authority, delineation, clarity of musical line and yet organic, purity of tone and decay is remarkable.

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
$2200 for 3 feet..I love this hobby, I have for over 25 years, but this is out of control ridiculous.

Reactions: rubinken

zitas

Dec 19, 2021
i hate the price too, very especially since i am a victom of it:)
the performance is maximal pleasant then again. radical noisekillers.
my system used to play with great clarity and i liked that. pedestal removed that and replaced it with depth and dirt and vibration. is that a good thing?
yes and i absolutely love them. ended up with 6 sets for under all digital equipement, switches, bridge, dac, psu.
highly recommended to try it out. they need a couple of days to settle.

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
i hate the price too, very especially since i am a victom of it:)
the performance is maximal pleasant then again. radical noisekillers.
my system used to play with great clarity and i liked that. pedestal removed that and replaced it with depth and dirt and vibration. is that a good thing?
yes and i absolutely love them. ended up with 6 sets for under all digital equipement, switches, bridge, dac, psu.
highly recommended to try it out. they need a couple of days to settle.
Pls Help me understand. Pedestals removed clarity and introduced vibration/dirt?
I replaced stock Wilson footers with their audio pods which clarified the sound bass through mid bass as substantial improvement.

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing