Who’s up for a $2800 fuse?

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
Just got 2 QSA Crystal Cable series fuses and havent installed yet (Orange-black and Orange Blue).
I’m told the Crystal Cable series is more detailed while the original is more “musical”.

Attachments

• 61B7E69D-ABC8-4108-B8B7-795AB674FFC9.jpeg
    61B7E69D-ABC8-4108-B8B7-795AB674FFC9.jpeg
    485.6 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: NanoSword

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Stereotimes Review on QSA fuses.

Above is a review... the writer Clement Perry shares this reflection with us on talking with the man behind Quantum Science Audio fuses...

Not exactly sure how Steven Tsang and I met (Absolare CEO Kerem Kucukaslan spoke very highly of his products), but I am delighted we did. I know we began discussions at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, and attempting to evaluate his creations over the past year has helped a great deal in taking my mind off all the death and dying.

I’m glad talking about $2800 audio fuses helped this man reconcile his feeling with the Covid deaths of 3.3 million people across the planet... there are no words... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Graham, don't you know how therapeutic money is?

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
People with expensive short fuses and a bit therapy might be aligned Marc... just sayin’

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob181

calloway

Nov 3, 2011
danville,va
I must be mistaken..I was of the opinion that this post was about 'fuses'...not cynicism...reminds me of a lot of Audiogon posts..sad...

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
I’m told the Crystal Cable series is more detailed while the original is more “musical”.

So, what is one to do if they want 'detailed music' ?? It never ceases to amaze what audiophiles will fall for !

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
So, what is one to do if they want 'detailed music' ?? It never ceases to amaze what audiophiles will fall for !
No idea...perhaps cleaning the wax out of one's ears or getting a time machine so one can have the hearing of a 20 year old rather than being an retired senior? ;)
Perhaps those who have tried SR black, blue and orange can chime in whether any have noticeable differences.

2glory

Nov 24, 2020
Stereotimes Review on QSA fuses.

Above is a review... the writer Clement Perry shares this reflection with us on talking with the man behind Quantum Science Audio fuses...

Not exactly sure how Steven Tsang and I met (Absolare CEO Kerem Kucukaslan spoke very highly of his products), but I am delighted we did. I know we began discussions at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, and attempting to evaluate his creations over the past year has helped a great deal in taking my mind off all the death and dying.

I’m glad talking about $2800 audio fuses helped this man reconcile his feeling with the Covid deaths of 3.3 million people across the planet... there are no words... :rolleyes:
3.3 million. you watch way to much CNN.

Reactions: mallen123

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Can't say I would spend $2,800 on a fuse but i did stay at a Holiday Inn. I have all SR orange fuses in my system and I believe the sound is definitely noticeable. I started reading that the QSA light blue outperforms the SR orange. I just ordered 4 of the QSA yellows which are a little over $200 US per fuse.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
I must be mistaken..I was of the opinion that this post was about 'fuses'...not cynicism...reminds me of a lot of Audiogon posts..sad...
It’s difficult not to be cynical of these supposed claims and prices when it comes to high end “magic”. There are obvious differences of opinion on the subject, this is a better place to be than Agon when it comes to endless debates, better wit and cynicism here with more class.. :p

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I can now say the 4 QSA yellow fuses that I put in my system are better than the SR orange fuses. Better clarity, 3 D imaging and vocals are more crisp and detailed. I am thinking about upgrading the fuse to violet or red in my Lampi Pacific.

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I don't understand the logic of uber expensive fuses.

If you can afford to spend $$$ on fuses, then why not bypass the fuse with 1mm silver wire and risk a component blowing up. I mean you can afford the repair bill, and having no fuse is going to sound way better than any expensive fuse.

By the way, I have not had any fuses in my equipment for the past 20 years, and I have yet to have anything fail.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

If you can afford to spend $$$ on fuses, then why not bypass the fuse with 1mm silver wire and risk a component blowing up. I mean you can afford the repair bill, and having no fuse is going to sound way better than any expensive fuse.

By the way, I have not had any fuses in my equipment for the past 20 years, and I have yet to have anything fail.
I’m definitely comfortable with fuses… even short ones :eek: But your logic that a $2800 fuse doesn’t offer much return on investment makes a great case for itself.

I do think a differential circuit breaker is essential and that it’s still easily possible to build an amazing system that won’t kill you and that is not a bad option. Not totally risk averse though but I’ve never found anything other than subtle differences with fuses but certainly not night and day shifts like other upgrades… tbh I’d rather put the money into getting in better drivers or crossover components.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

What happens if your house burns down?
Or even worse, someone gets harmed in a fire the missing fuse could cause?
I wouldn't want to live with that burdon on my conscience :eek:

Reactions: the sound of Tao

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing