Who’s up for a $2800 fuse?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Guillaume.
Again very helpful. All being well should see you at KJ Westone on 1October.
While writing the UK distributor is Fraser Roberstson at AirTAudio.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Thank you very much.
That is helpful particularly as I was thinking I would try the yellow ones in my Vitus 030 amp and MD 109 tuner.
Will let you know how it goes
I am thinking about trading up to Red from yellow in my Lampi Pacific. But hopefully, the fuse buying stops there. I am happy with the performance of the Yellow in my amps. Crazy money and I just got done buying 18 Western Electric 300B Tubes. I do use SR orange duplex boxes. I wonder what the QSA boxes would be like.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I am thinking about trading up to Red from yellow in my Lampi Pacific. But hopefully, the fuse buying stops there. I am happy with the performance of the Yellow in my amps. Crazy money and I just got done buying 18 Western Electric 300B Tubes. I do use SR orange duplex boxes. I wonder what the QSA boxes would be like.
Yes I know what you mean!
Had the same experience starting many years ago with Entreq and happily have never regretted it.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
18 x WE300Bs :eek:

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az

Phillyb

May 31, 2012
The bane of audiophiles always something better, and you will pay $2,800 for a fuse think about it, think of a preamp, an amp, a Dac and on and for $2,800 and then think of a fuse, must be fairy dust from mars, please let's not embaress ourselves. But if you got the cash then it up to you, but please let us know how it uplifteed your system from the $150.00 fuses, or ther $75.00 fuses.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
The bane of audiophiles always something better, and you will pay $2,800 for a fuse think about it, think of a preamp, an amp, a Dac and on and for $2,800 and then think of a fuse, must be fairy dust from mars, please let's not embaress ourselves. But if you got the cash then it up to you, but please let us know how it uplifteed your system from the $150.00 fuses, or ther $75.00 fuses.
Wise words indeed, but the lower priced fuses in the QSA range look to be worth exploring as I am planning to do.

Carcrashboy

Nov 10, 2018
Hi Barry,

I’ve been experimenting with them in my system, so far only tried the 13A mains plug fuses but have also got some internal fuses on the way. To my ears the Light Blue easily beat the SR Orange and was a very decent upgrade. Then the Yellow took things up a notch or two especially in the lower midrange and bass department. Purple is incredibly impressive in a slightly different way but also builds on the Yellow. Just wonderful clarity overall and lower noise floor and new details start to appear in the soundstage. The scary thing is that there are many more levels to try!

Incidentally I also have the “Yellow” QSA double U.K. wall socket here, now that is going to be very interesting!

Cheers,

Guillaume
Hi Guillaume,

I‘m interested to know what mains cables you were testing the QSA fuses in?

Also intrigued by the Yellow UK wall socket, can you provide photo?

Thanks

Graham

caukri

Feb 21, 2020
I love my Audio Magic Ultimate Premier's but otherwise, these QSA can be sound different or better in the flagship models but they are too expensive in anyway . That's pity for a curious person.
Kris.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Okay ;) but please dont destroy your nice amp with this audiophile aftermarket stuf .
A fair point.
They are coming highly recommended from my long term Vitus supplier on a home demo/loan basis. In addition. I spoke to Guillaume about 10 days ago who posted earlier on this thread with very positive experience of the two.
So doing due diligence before buying and will see how they sound next week.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have got some violet and yellow coming next Monday for my Vitus 030, MD 109 and mains block.
Looking forward to hearing them and will post on how it goes
Please update tomorrow! I am unlikely to go down this route mainly because I dont know enough about electricity to know how vital the fuse is to electrical safety. I leave what the manufacturer has placed inside and leave it. I could totally believe that everything makes 'a' difference...and understand the Sablon Audio cables have the Synergistic Orange fuses in them because Mark Coles really likes them in his cables. But I leave that to the professionals.

Nevertheless, will be very interested to hear how it goes!

Reactions: Sablon Audio

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Please update tomorrow! I am unlikely to go down this route mainly because I dont know enough about electricity to know how vital the fuse is to electrical safety. I leave what the manufacturer has placed inside and leave it. I could totally believe that everything makes 'a' difference...and understand the Sablon Audio cables have the Synergistic Orange fuses in them because Mark Coles really likes them in his cables. But I leave that to the professionals.

Nevertheless, will be very interested to hear how it goes!
Thank you Lloyd.
Will do.
My knowledge is also limited so it really is a case of trusting Fraser who has looked after me very well for a number of years.
Audiogon had a dedicated thread but it was closed. All those who had tried the QSA fuses were very positive. The current Fuses thread continues to feature QSA members' experience and again all positive.
More tomorrow!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Excellent! I think one of yours is the £700 one, is that correct? I have no interest in prying into finances here...just trying to make sure we can get a benchmark from you in terms of price/reward vs other 'investments' of similar cost. Look forward to it!

BTW, I have spoken with Fraser and penciled in at some point in the next few weeks to try the Stillpoints Ultra 7s under the XLFs...if he has any insights on those, do let me know via PM or otherwise!

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Excellent! I think one of yours is the £700 one, is that correct? I have no interest in prying into finances here...just trying to make sure we can get a benchmark from you in terms of price/reward vs other 'investments' of similar cost. Look forward to it!

BTW, I have spoken with Fraser and penciled in at some point in the next few weeks to try the Stillpoints Ultra 7s under the XLFs...if he has any insights on those, do let me know via PM or otherwise!
Yes I am expecting two or three violets and a similar number of yellows.
Will ask about the Ultra 7s under your XLFs.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes I am expecting two or three violets and a similar number of yellows.
Will ask about the Ultra 7s under your XLFs.
Excellent! Thank you and look forward to speaking again shortly!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing