What's Spinning Tonight?

Bless the heart of whoever recommended this album. I have not had so much fun listening to music in a while. Stood up and did the twist with my wife. That, despite the fact that I have no idea how to do the twist!

http://www.amazon.com/Hound-Dog-Big...=1453606228&sr=1-1&keywords=big+mama+thornton

Hound Dog: The Peacock Recordings
Big Mama Thornton

HIGHLY Recommended.

Listened to this recent arrival: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003956ZCK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Dark Hope
Renee Fleming

Really good songs *completely destroyed* by one of the worst recordings I have heard in recent years. With the exception of a couple of songs in the middle, the rest simultaneously sound juffled like the band is recorded at the bottom of the pool and gritty and annoying at the same time. I literally had to turn the volume down to be able to tolerate it. Anyone who complained about Adele needs to listen to this.

If you have the LP and it sounds good to you, then you rightly have bragging rights over this travesty. :(

Zac brown band ' foundation '
Redbook

If you can get over the nauseatingly cliché lyrics, fascist political undertones this is fun. Ticket to bland village, my guilty pleasure.

Number one on Sarah palins iPod.

John grant ' grey tickles, black pressure'
Redbook

A serine live performer, this 3rd solo effort is growing on me. I don't think the fidelity of the recording is as good as the first two albums.

Still I like love John grant, his lyrics come direct from Gods twisted tongue.

David Bowie ' nothing has changed '
Redbook

It's a big double or triple disc best of album. Don't like best of albums normally but I have some holes in my Bowie collection so thought this might help point me in the direction of the missing albums I might like.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing