What's Spinning Tonight?

Spent a lovely hour yesterday with Mr. Louis Armstrong: What A Wonderful World

00602537809882-cover-zoom.jpg

And a wonderful time it was!

High-res download from Prostudiomasters: http://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/2712

While I prefer my UK Harvest A3/B3 pressing, the MFSL is quite nice and a little quieter.

agreed, mine is a little quieter also, but that said my ab3 pressing required some serious repeat cleaning. It was purchased used, and it doesn't look dirty, but it's a deep dirt I've never witnessed before. Up until recently, even after some very aggressive cleaning cycles, it still constantly left crud on the stylus, to the point n which playing it became part of the cleaning process. It's only recently that I've reconsidered it clean enough to archive / rip.

2015-01-21 09.17.48.jpg

I compared these two tonight. The differences in the two are seen in the labels. The reissue is a Music Matters 33rpm, and is the stereo pressingIMG_0598.jpg.IMG_0600.jpgIMG_0602.jpg

Nick cave and the bad seeds. ' Push the sky away '
Redbook

I liked this more than I thought I would... Still making great music for sure.

Off topic but when searching for Valiska on bandcamp a page came up with this beautiful and well crafted photograph:

0000880128_20.jpg

Breaks rules of photography and succeeds!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing