What's Spinning Tonight?

61Av2aKn0FL._SL1400_.jpg

New Age / Earth Mother Gaia w/ recorded nature sounds aside. Album is a success as choral and live concert recording.

IMG_20220321_184119561.jpg

Last edited:
John Foxx ?– The Garden - 1981 - original UK pressing. My Favourite album of all time. the perfect blend of human instruments and synth machines.
Nothing I can see looks like an Exit, so I am making you into a Door

7CYXXZP.jpg

Mr. Hoffman probably expended a few breaths over the master tapes tugging everything into place to complete this digital transfer.

4cb7fe909be3b6a477fb1fa679976a6b4837d771_l.jpg

I have got to ask what's the story behind this album. What's the connection between the UN and the album cover?

This concert was recorded live during an event titled "The United Nations Environment Programme presents a celebration of World Environment Day" June 5, 1984 in the General Assembly of the United Nations featuring "A Concert For The Earth" by the Paul Winter Consort.*

Album is available on Qobuz in your country should interests extend to giving it a listen. You will find world class choral and instrumental music greets you long before large tracts of the audience abandon decorum to howl like wolves. Really, I do try to withhold posting here in the absence of something interesting and musically satisfying to share. :)

*I will erase liner notes containing program in the event they promote discussion of topics excused by the Terms of Service or a request is formally rendered.

IMG_20220322_155337778.jpg

This concert was recorded live during an event titled "The United Nations Environment Programme presents a celebration of World Environment Day" June 5, 1984 in the General Assembly of the United Nations featuring "A Concert For The Earth" by the Paul Winter Consort.*

Album is available on Qobuz in your country should interests extend to giving it a listen. You will find world class choral and instrumental music greets you long before large tracts of the audience abandon decorum to howl like wolves. Really, I do try to withhold posting here in the absence of something interesting and musically satisfying to share. :)

*I will erase liner notes containing program in the event they promote discussion of topics excused by the Terms of Service or a request is formally rendered.

View attachment 90694
The leaflet says military spending amounted to $1.2 mln per minute in 1984. According to SIPRI, In 2020 it was already $3.8 mln per minute. Those are not satisfying numbers.

But, then again, I checked once more and it turns out that $3,800,000 in 2020 was equivalent in purchasing power to about $1,525,510.83 in 1984, so actually the increase is not as significant as I thought it would be.

But, then again, I checked once more and it turns out that $3,800,000 in 2020 was equivalent in purchasing power to about $1,525,510.83 in 1984, so actually the increase is not as significant as I thought it would be.

I'm dubious of looking too deeply into any one the numerous larger incurrent topics at detriment to recognizing the platform for expressing artistically ideas that are harder to state in definitive terms. Separating commercial from altruistic from ulterior aims into separate columns is what the UN does. This external message was bound to delineate itself through internal lines of division.

You asked what connection the venue had? Timing and changes of tone during light entertainment capping off the event were staged for those reflecting on impact of currencies in play on struggle they had chosen.

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio
24 bit remastered smorgasbord of Western music. Kicked off with a Radio Luxembourg cut from CCR's "Proud Mary" propelling his band into removing any doubts Polish is very linguistically compatible with this and numerous other roll your own musical stylings.

Folder.jpg

24 bit remastered smorgasbord of Western music. Kicked off with a Radio Luxembourg cut from CCR's "Proud Mary" propelling his band into removing any doubts Polish is very linguistically compatible with this and numerous other roll your own musical stylings.

View attachment 90714

Do you know how big is he in Poland? Did he often perform in English?

I'm dubious of looking too deeply into any one the numerous larger incurrent topics at detriment to recognizing the platform for expressing artistically ideas that are harder to state in definitive terms. Separating commercial from altruistic from ulterior aims into separate columns is what the UN does. This external message was bound to delineate itself through internal lines of division.

You asked what connection the venue had? Timing and changes of tone during light entertainment capping off the event were staged for those reflecting on impact of currencies in play on struggle they had chosen.
I totally get your point and I agree with you. I was simply shocked by the number, so I could not help but check it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rando
Do you know how big is he in Poland? Did he also perform in English?

Compilation album I posted went platinum and #1 on their pop charts in 2000. With three re-releases in following years.

In the 70's he did three English language albums for CBS.

That may be enough greatest hits compilations for this week considering how slow other's have gotten in responding. :)

Compilation album I posted went platinum and #1 on their pop charts in 2000. With three re-releases in following years.

In the 70's he did three English language albums for CBS.

That may be enough greatest hits compilations for this week considering how slow other's have gotten in responding. :)
I gave it a listen. He's got a truly powerful voice. I wonder if there is a big difference between the originals in Polish and the remakes in English (out of the songs which were not originally recorded in English).

Last edited:
I gave it a listen. He's got a truly powerful voice. I wonder if there is a big difference between the originals in Polish and the remakes in English (out of the songs which were not originally recorded in English).

Where did you manage to find this?

"Czas jak rzeka" remaster on disc above is considerably more musical than streaming version from "Czy mnie jeszcze pami?tasz?" where it appeared originally. Never considered the Polish ? English albums until yesterday. His film music actually looked more interesting to me if taking a chance on unknown pressing quality LP at international shipping rates.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing