What's Spinning Tonight?

The Artist (Formerly Known As Prince) ?– Emancipation - 6LP set - what an amazing album
:wub:
My fav out of all the Prince Sony reissues.

ddqN3gr.jpg

Depends what the target is :)

From the band's biography one can judge the target was twofold following dissolution of their current contract drawing them into crushing debt while legally embroiled. Unofficially, long hairs only get into music for one thing and in their case it's reasonable to suggest diminishing returns had a profound effect on hitting their target destination.

Mutt's finely tuned hearing and almost obsessive attentiveness to the slightest sonic detail not only made progress slow; it was hard for outsiders to detect any progress at all. After a late-night session, Mutt would often pop into Peter Mensch's house - a short drive from Battery - and play tapes the evening's accomplishments. "Mutt would come in and say 'Listen to what we did tonight' - and three more words would be added to a vocal. It got to a point where I'd keep listening to these tapes and I couldn't tell what was there and what was missing."

Joe says... the tragic physical and spiritual costs of America's military involvement in Vietnam. "I was going through a period when I wanted to write about something other than sex, drugs, women backstage and Jack Daniels. I wanted to deal with a serious subject that I didn't necessarily have to be a big expert on. I didn't want to write about the Falkland Islands war because that would have been too mercenary, cashing in on a current event.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing