What will bring you Santa Claus for your system?

Game on! As a redbook only guy (for some time to come), I look forward to reading about your new digital. For me, i am keeping my head down and focusing on speakers. I have my eye on a pair, but the timing is not right. Stay tuned.

watching you over the years, got to be X-2's, XLF's, or one of the larger Rockport models.:)

any of which are a big deal.

best wishes for this whenever you (and Santa) are ready.

No gear. Maybe some downloads from HDTRACKS.

Remaining Sablon Elite power cords to go Bocchino connectors upgrades, possible HRS Damping Plates.
New Kondo/Bocchinos silver tonearm wire.
A couple of possible avenues on massively improved tt speed controller and LT arm air pump. These would really boost my analog performance.
Serious thought going into streaming solution. Atm, dac could be the new 2-box Holo Audio May. I would love to stretch to Taiko Extreme server, but may slum it Lol with SystemeOptique from Sonore.
Some of these will be for next year's Santa thread.

I'm Jewish but I love Christmas. Love everything about it because it's both a religious holiday and a secular one. I get pissed off when I'm told I have to wish someone Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Bah Humbug! You don't have to be a Christian to wish for kindness and good will to everyone in the spirit and in whose name the holiday was named. I love the music, I love the good cheer, but mostly, I love the sanctity of the day. One only wishes that more people deeply understood the message as conveyed by "In Hoc Anno Domini" as it resonates in all of us regardless of one's religion. We need it now more than ever, which is why the Wall Street Journal has published the same op ed on this topic every Christmas Eve since 1947.

Now, if Santa is interested, and that fatso can fit down my chimney with the speakers I'd really like to own, I'll wish him Merry Christmas personally and give him some Balvenie 21 to take with him for the rest of his house calls.

We can only hope that "sunset" is far off on the horizon.

watching you over the years, got to be X-2's, XLF's, or one of the larger Rockport models.:)

any of which are a big deal.

best wishes for this whenever you (and Santa) are ready.
Thanks. I watch the XLFs as they come on the market, but I have longed for the big Arrakis for some time...just not right now. ;)

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
I'm Jewish but I love Christmas. Love everything about it because it's both a religious holiday and a secular one. I get pissed off when I'm told I have to wish someone Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Bah Humbug! You don't have to be a Christian to wish for kindness and good will to everyone in the spirit and in whose name the holiday was named. I love the music, I love the good cheer, but mostly, I love the sanctity of the day. One only wishes that more people deeply understood the message as conveyed by "In Hoc Anno Domini" as it resonates in all of us regardless of one's religion. We need it now more than ever, which is why the Wall Street Journal has published the same op ed on this topic every Christmas Eve since 1947.

Now, if Santa is interested, and that fatso can fit down my chimney with the speakers I'd really like to own, I'll wish him Merry Christmas personally and give him some Balvenie 21 to take with him for the rest of his house calls.

Which speakers would you really like to own? Most curious given your historic and current collection!

Which speakers would you really like to own? Most curious given your historic and current collection!

Mike is already in 7th heaven. Pun intended :D

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
Can't open until Christmas

View attachment 59917

I got one, too. No sound system however. $399 for a 65" 4K TV (no OLED or QLED however) was something that Santa couldn't pass by.
We just watched the Nutcracker (Royal Ballet version on Bluray) tonight on Christmas eve with my daughter's family - including the two grandkids. Great picture, especially for the price (Thanks to Santa Costco.) Great sound through our secondary stereo system (Audio Alchemy preamp and amp - now sold by Elac driving the prototypes for the TAD CR-1 speakers - also obtained for a super bargain.)

Larry

Let's just call it placeholder as I've not heard all the contenders yet, but I can see areas of reproduction in which there is room to grow.

Let's just call it placeholder as I've not heard all the contenders yet, but I can see areas of reproduction in which there is room to grow.
Ok then...stay tuned it seems.

I got one, too. No sound system however. $399 for a 65" 4K TV (no OLED or QLED however) was something that Santa couldn't pass by.
We just watched the Nutcracker (Royal Ballet version on Bluray) tonight on Christmas eve with my daughter's family - including the two grandkids. Great picture, especially for the price (Thanks to Santa Costco.) Great sound through our secondary stereo system (Audio Alchemy preamp and amp - now sold by Elac driving the prototypes for the TAD CR-1 speakers - also obtained for a super bargain.)

Larry

Sometimes we get caught up in the equipment. Watching with granddaughters;
That is a moment to remember.

Reactions: Steve Williams
I hear you! Same here.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing