What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
I´m familiar with Victron pure sine inverters from my sailing boat, but not for this application....seems like interesting idea
I have Victron 1200watt hooked up to 2x200AH Lithium batteries
I know LV use Victron batteries and management system in Audio Show systems
not sure if they go DC or back to AC via inverters
guess latter because then they can hook up their Kondo stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: DasguteOhr

volken

Apr 30, 2018
Netherlands
I can read German but I don’t understand cause I don’t speak German.

Thanks for translating it but Google has already helped me to translate it to English before you did. According to the document in German that you shared, the motor, even though it has 3 phase coils, it can be run on a single phase by adding a capacitor. Which means 2 phase. That’s why and by looking at schematics that @DasguteOhr shared I concluded that;

“Maybe it is 3 phase or even 4 phase but according to schematics it is driven by two phase.”

Ok, it is a 3 phase motor show me 3 AC lines feeding the motor in the picture (this is the picture you shared).

View attachment 128321 I can only see one phase AC line feeding the motor and second phase is generated by a capacitor. Exactly as explained by the German document you shared. As a result 2 phase driving the motor.
Yes sorry for the confusion wrong picture at the measurement picture , the three wires going directly to the powersupply.

Reactions: mtemur

tom539

Dec 28, 2021
Have purchased the Luxman PD-191A this week and set it up in the meanwhile… :cool:

IMG_2356.jpeg

IMG_2357.jpeg

IMG_2358.jpeg

IMG_5723.jpeg

atb, Tom

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Found this on facebook, what the hell is it ? :eek: Does anyone know ? IMG_2749.png

djsina2

May 30, 2019

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Not the same TT. Maybe the guy in the first picture is a dwarf ! ;) After reading the article i think you are right ! I want one ! :eek: But are my arms long enough to flip the records ? :oops:

Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
It’s the fly wheel he stole from my Volvo..!!!
I just wonder where it had gone - Thank you for finding it :D !!!

/ Jk
Do you drive a semi truck Volvo Johan ? :p

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I todays market that TT is a absolute steal ! At least you can see where all the money went, not like a SAT turntable where all the money goes to the marketing people, he who can not be mentioned included !:rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: tima and Johan K

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
That looks like a Transrotor made during a LSD trip ! :eek:
baasner turntable, with linear tracking tonearm floating in water.
with a syringe you can adjust the VTA by either adding water or sucking it out.

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
baasner turntable, with linear tracking tonearm floating in water.
with a syringe you can adjust the VTA by either adding water or sucking it out.
What about the VTA when the water evaporates..??? Do you need to refill the turntable then - like to keep an alcoholic on a steady firm :D ???

• Love
Reactions: Lagonda

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
What about the VTA when the water evaporates..??? Do you need to refill the turntable then - like to keep an alcoholic on a steady firm :D ???
It uses a float valve, like a commode. When the arm is cued, the valve is out of the circuit. Set it and forget it. ;)

edit: in American English, commode is a colloquial term for the bathroom fixture also known as a flush toilet.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing