? What Jazz Music Selection are you Listening to in the Now? | Analog, Digital ??????

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Ols school jazz by two old maestros :

IMG_20240112_092435.jpg

IMG_20240112_092518.jpg

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
December 18th 2023 I was on my way to Rome for work for a week before Christmas. While on the train to the airport a gentleman walked in carrying a very large musical instrument case, we got chatting. I asked him what the instrument was, it turned out to be a double bass. He said he was a musician and played in a Jazz trio.
He was on his way home to Denmark but was back to UK in January for a gig, I took his detail plus details of the venue and the date of the gig.

Anyway, come Jan 11th 2024, I decided to go. It was a small venue not sitting more than say 100 – 120 people I would guess, I love small venues as you can get close to the artists.
I really enjoyed the gig and managed to pick up a record after the show.
If any of you guys are into Jazz, they are worth checking out. Jasper Hoiby was the guy I met on the train and his website is www.jasperhoiby.com

Jasper Høiby - What It Means To Be Human

Jasper Høiby - What It Means To Be Human.jpg

Jasper Høiby's Three Elements.jpg

Audiofreak71

Aug 25, 2023
Pacific Northwest
I only have the streaming version of this so I'm guessing this blows it away (even the recording was 16/48)?
I know the one step sounds much better to me than the streamed version. I have heard the 24/192 version and it’s better sounding than the 16/44 to me but imo the one step pressing takes the top spot.

Reactions: Rexp

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
1706377691648.png The re-issue by Esoteric is nothing short of outstanding. Recommended over and above any other issue (apart from the original LP, of course).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing