What charities and other non profits do you support?

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I donate to several animal type foundations - mostly local (Seattle Humane, Feral Cat Spay and Neuter Project, etc.) but also support national wildlife and parks.

I donate in kind to Mary's Place through their Amazon wish list - http://www.marysplaceseattle.org/ And send a check to the local Meals on Wheels twice a year, Heifer by sponsoring shares of lifestock - http://www.heifer.org/ And I participate in Kiva loans several times a year

I also support my local NPR station and I give $1 to people on corners - If they really need it, I am helping. If they are just scammers, it's only a buck.

It's all small amounts, but every dollar matters.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's the one I was using too in the last five years.
I just changed it to Enhanced Interface to see if it would make any difference, but it did not give me a "Delete" function. It changed few things differently but I'm used to them already, so it is fine by me.
I fixed it so that you can do that. Only people with special titles had that permission. Now all registered users do.

Please note that when you delete a post, management can still view and read them.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Cool Amir, now I can delete 13,000+ posts and start all over again, brand new fresh, and put a big X on the past. :D

* If a member wanted to truly delete all his posts or most of them, without a Delete feature, he could still do it by deleting all the texts from his posts.
So I think it's a good idea to have a Delete feature for all members, like in all other audio/video forums.
And I also appreciate the Edit feature usable anytime. It's very important to have that freedom to improve.
Some sites after half hour or so don't give you the opportunity to improve your English, to fix your typos, to correct some other errors of the past.

We live in a world that goes extremely fast; past, present and future. It's nice to be able to adapt, freely, peacefully, respectfully, on our own time without being told what to do and how to behave. My Mom told me: Robert, nobody wants to be told what to do. :b

When I turn 90 years old, I want to be finally free to die peacefully. :b
It's much easier to tell other people how to live their life than live our own. ;)

As for the management ability to read deleted posts; they can read all deleted older posts they want...us, we'll keep busy reading the new exciting stuff. :b
That way we'll move forward, instead of backward. ;)

P.S. Count them...six smilies...wow...it's been a while.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Doctors without Borders is one that I really need to consider. Thanks for reminding.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing