What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

I will have to admit that I have gone over to the dark side. Most of my classical listening is streamed by KUSC, Radio Swiss Classical, Linn Classical and Radio Venice Classic.

Digital stations can at least play a 45 minute stretch of uninterrupted music without receiving a distressing amount of phone calls. A rarity on over the air stations even for concerts. Much as I listen to one of the stations mentioned. Live is what always made radio a beacon of light.

Reactions: Mr Rickz
Streamed in CD quality

dsq85e1zwhiqb_600.jpg

Actually, both.

College and other stations have done quite well with scheduled live content. Surely you are old enough to remember dead air on tv and radio stations. :)
Yes and sometimes it was terrifying (when I was running control at the radio station). OTOH, I have not listened to radio in decades and, last I did, the local options were uninteresting. (Time to sell my tuners and antennae, I guess.)

1641938239012.png

AVSA9946-Beethoven-6-9.jpg

Reactions: rando
paris des romantiques.jpg

This is a truly exceptional recording. I have previously recommended Lps for the pianoforte and the harpsichord. Time for a CD and the viola. I haven't heard a better rendition of the instrument: that the music is Bach's is a wonderful thing.F065E3CF-68BF-41C9-A264-B299A6722BB2.jpeg

Reactions: muski
Streamed in 24-88

Instruments and playing are exceptional, Italianate. Recording uses modern ideas on digital recording and editing that may also be very Italianate.

hpzblzgjf32qa_600.jpg

1642473448750.png

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing