What are the Top Horn Speakers in the World Today? Vox Olympian vs Avantgarde Trio vs ???

caesar

May 31, 2010
I listen Avantgard trio many times,In Italian show,in Munich,in Italian shop,in one private system,
for me is one of the worst speaker,always found a terrible sound,confused,innatural,hard,and not well balanced

Hahahahahaha. Gian, I think you failed the audition to write for the dcs-wilson-phile and the analytical sound.

Do you remember what amps were used? Did any amps make them sound even more terrible, confused, hard, unnatural and unbalanced?

Reactions: Scatterbrain99

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I listen 3/4 times in Munich with their amp,4 times in Italy show,3 times with their amp and one time with Accuphase A 200 mono
1 times in one Milan shop with AN UK and 3 times from my friend that had with Audio tekne preamp 9501 and mono amp 9502
Everytimes never liked and more or less same impression,even if with Audio Tekne better.
My friend then sold and bought AT 8716 CB with supertweeter ALE 1750 DEP

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I listen 3/4 times in Munich with their amp,4 times in Italy show,3 times with their amp and one time with Accuphase A 200 mono
1 times in one Milan shop with AN UK and 3 times from my friend that had with Audio tekne preamp 9501 and mono amp 9502
Everytimes never liked and more or less same impression,even if with Audio Tekne better.
My friend then sold and bought AT 8716 CB with supertweeter ALE 1750 DEP
I too have not really heard the Trio sound like a top loudspeaker, even though I have now heard it many many times. I actually like the Duo Omega better (with Audiopax or Thomas Mayer amps they sounded very good). Even though the Trio does impressive dynamics I didn't find tonal balance natural and image size and soundstage are unnatural as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing