Wadax World Premiere at Munich Highend

I don’t get needed a display at all
all
Is done from a phone or tablet
what ever display they give is a throw back to when we needed them.
I do like all black though.
what the look does for me is massive show and it’s above any looks on others

Mike, it looks like the Studio DAC will be able to connect to the Reference Server and Studio Player via the Akasa optical link. Of course, this means adding an Akasa module to the Studio Player, which does not have it in the image on the back.
the question is what is the difference between a Studio PLAYER and a Studio TRANSPORT?

they have two separate products, or they are the same and using different names. it would be great if somehow the Studio TRANSPORT could output dsd to the Reference Dac or the Studio Dac. looks like that is the case from what they wrote and why it has an Akasa link.

confusing. they have some e'splaining to do.

Reactions: SCAudiophile
regarding the external digital outputs to
most dacs have what is shown
only usb is not shown
what I don’t see is a way to use the Dac alone from an alt digital source
An example my own transport or digital source
what’s best is the cost to start
very few players do this at this level of status and not at this price.
If I’m understanding correctly you’re saying that very few players offer a digital input at this level of status or price? Preferences aside I can’t think of a single high end player that doesn’t include a usb or more digital inputs. Some examples are Esoteric, DCS and Luxman. I would potentially be excited to audition a Studio Player but without a way to play my local files back either via uPnP (maybe it will be supported later?) or USB that would make this a non starter for me and would seem to be a strange omission if your goal is to create an all in one player to help expand the brands reach to those who aren’t wanting to spend $300k+ on the full reference setup. If the main purpose was to create a less expense transport for the reference dac then mission accomplished. I really do hope I’m missing something though … Also I’m sure it will sound great for spinning discs and I really like the looks!

George

When I had an Msb stack I needed a transport to do anything other then a dac
usb inputs are a handful to use yea they work fast but to get the right sound is complex this we can all agree on.
I’m confident a network storage solution will come if not already but not tested to comment on
I love esoteric and was considering.
what model to get all this confuses me
and getting to hear a Wadax system a few times
it’s not an esoteric nor most any dacs I’ve heard
I never ask or care on cost at shows
I listen and go back many times to ones I like
there are many dacs I love but not a complete one box and done.

Reactions: Dierkx1
I hope its connected to a good amplifier , not D agostino
My best wadax presentations were Audio research Gryphon R koda.
I ll post my expirience
You need to hear wadax on riviera best sound to me
It’s not warm nor cold
Not tuby or slow
Even when it makes you jump in your chair on dynamics it’s totally in control
I too am not a dag fan hurts me cause I love older Krell’s including the FPB

Studio Player being calibrated for the maximum system result

Attachments

• IMG_4794.jpeg
    IMG_4794.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 53
When I looked at the specs Shown
I was surprised at how much adjustment there is for the analog outputs
for anyone who knows system synergy is a must
The adjustable settings makes adapt to I’m thinking anyone’s preamp input.
so much tech in one box wow.

I know this is Brand new but if I may ask a few questions
1 - will this have a roon player in the future
I know there is no local inside storage this is fine to me. one could have roon run on the Network store
2- network storage to play local files
sorry if these questions have been asked

I have a picture of the rear it’s a complete stand alone
looks like options for ext psu and ext clocks
has what looks like is bal analog outputs
only
Network connection no internal storage
does has a few digital a few digital outputs for I think a transport use
Me personally having heard wadax a few times
This is for many a way to get into sota and a cheap cost
Will need to hear, but might be a perfect match with my Dartzeel CTH-8550.

Reactions: Alrainbow
Hi everyone - greetings from Munich. As you can see from the press release above, Wadax is excited to present Studio Player at High End. We have it playing at the show and we would love for you to stop by and give us a listen if you are here - it's sounding fantastic! Here are a few photos of it. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have. (If I don't respond immediately these next couple days I apologize - the days are long during the show.)

Attachments

• Wadax Studio_008.jpg
    Wadax Studio_008.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Wadax Studio_016.jpg
    Wadax Studio_016.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Wadax Studio_022.jpg
    Wadax Studio_022.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Wadax Studio_026.jpg
    Wadax Studio_026.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 28
Hi everyone - greetings from Munich. As you can see from the press release above, Wadax is excited to present Studio Player at High End. We have it playing at the show and we would love for you to stop by and give us a listen if you are here - it's sounding fantastic! Here are a few photos of it. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have. (If I don't respond immediately these next couple days I apologize - the days are long during the show.)
A couple of quick questions when you free up …

1) How does this compare to the standard Atlantis Transport/DAC that was recently discontinued. Is this a step up from that and is this the replacement?

2) How do you go about playing local DSD or PCM files with this unit? I don’t see a USB input to access the DAC from something like an Aurender or other digital front end and it makes no mention of being able to interface to and have the software to control a uPnP music server to playback hi-res files stored on that server?

Thanks

George

I just attended the invitation only Wadax introduction event and understand the entire studio line and products.
I think it’s best to have Brandon address their plan and what the products can do. I will say that there will be a studio dac which is a roon device, a studio transport that can connect to the studio dac by the Akasa optical or that be used with the reference server.
BTW the studio player sounds amazing in both the WADAX room with ARC and Magico and in the Gobel room with Pilium and the new Divin Comtesse. There is a huge buzz here in Germany.
Back to work going home tomorrow!

Reviews from Munich seem to be very positive. What an exciting all-in-one. I think it could be a truly disruptive product if the trickle-down is there SQ-wise..... Bravo on the design too. Will be following very closely!

Reactions: WADAX and Dierkx1
Hi all - I just got home yesterday and will address your questions soon. I'm just getting back to feeling human again as well as catching up on a few items. Thanks for your patience.
Hello,

The unit looks beautiful and the reports from Munich are all extremely positive...

What transport is used in this unit? Is this a Wadax transport? The marketing text is not clear on this point:

"Combining an optical disc transport with advanced technologies from WADAX once again...".

Photos of the transport would be appreciated.

Also, what clocking input frequencies will be supported and what is the spec on the BNC input (50 or 75 ohm)?

Thanks...

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing