Wadax Munich 2022

A Show is just a storefront.
Just an experience to get a funny time to see last brand launches which are showed only with business interest, no for best audio experience.
Every brand looks for a partner to pay the Show cost…
These are reasons i never go to Shows.
It is very funny to see how everybody is going up in fashion to the “ last big thing”.
Wadax Ref. Line.
I didn’t get a conclusion of any system.
I don’t like Transparent cables and Audio Research so the improvement of Wadax Ref. isn’t useful to me.
I don’t like Göbel cables, they are slow and bad energy balanced so same conclusion.
Karma are fatiguing to me and Fono Acustica cables are very diffuse, same conclusion.
The better is your system, more sensible.
A lot of variables are involved.
Just an example:
Same recording in same system perfectly calibrated after years of research with only one change. DC cable from LPS to router.
View attachment 93780
I’ll receive mine next week.
After 4 years i’m still working to get best sound of my Atlantis Dac and Server so i laught when somebody can get a conclusion in a few minutes.
Dealers and distributors (and especially manufacturers) should know how to get the best sound out of their products…if they don’t as you imply…then what?

Dealers and distributors (and especially manufacturers) should know how to get the best sound out of their products…if they don’t as you imply…then what?
1-Dealers have brand’s contracts limits and manufacturers have to keep good dealers relationship.
2- What’s your opinion about different sound only changing one DC cable?
3- Did you know Wadax has inverted power phase polarity?
It sounds better inverted in my system.
@Mike Lavigne, Have you checked it?
I know a lot of users and dealers which don’t know it.
You can check easily…
5604D02F-57E1-4C2C-BD20-4BA500AF0CF3.jpeg
271BA3A6-98DE-4893-8973-AFFD46F1FD8E.jpeg
So answer to your question is easy.
Dealers and manufacturers have compromises…
We, as audiophiles, have to work to define our goal outside these compromises…

Last edited:
1-Dealers have brand’s contracts limits and manufacturers have to keep good dealers relationship.
2- What’s your opinion about different sound only changing one DC cable?
3- Did you know Wadax has inverted power phase polarity?
It sounds better inverted in my system.
@Mike Lavigne, Have you checked it?
I know a lot of users and dealers which don’t know it.
You can check easily…
View attachment 93781
View attachment 93784
So answer to your question is easy.
Dealers and manufacturers have compromises…
We, as audiophiles, have to work to define our goal outside these compromises…
1) They should consider being more selective in what they carry…
2)It can impact the sound. I was recently at a demo where a good linear PSU on an Ethernet switch was replaced by a large battery pack…the improvement was surprising but clear…I run my streamer from battery for just that reason.
3)No I didn’t know that. I evaluate power polarity with all my gear to decide what sounds best…it is usually pretty obvious, especially with regard to space…it is also usually but not always the normal polarity.

Reactions: christoph
Not at all. Real live music exists…try going to hear it sometime…religion is based on faith in something existing that you cannot sense and have no means of logically evaluating. I talk about objective vs. Subjective but objective in the sense of measurements only. I mean using the ear/brain as the measurement tool to evaluate realism in reproduction. You need an anchor of some kind to do this…luckily there is one.
I agree that it's useful to have an anchor or touchstone. But that can be difficult when listening to recorded music when the sound is heavily processed. The two video's above comparing a dc cable sound are processed to the point where I have no connection to live sound. (no judgement intended here). Of course much live music is also processed.

I think to judge whether a system is approaching live sound has to be with a recording where that is the intention of those making the recording. And I don't think live sound is limited to acoustic instruments. It's more about the processing that takes place in the studio.

Last edited:
Here’s the thing on LPS or battery
both use the same type of voltage regulation. This means we still have ripple and ripple can cause harmonics above and below it’s reg freq.
this can have an effect of the network switch that uses clocks ?. so it’s not a battery is better over a LPS or even a SPS
if you don’t use a regulator on batteries they lower as they drain
but still makes noise as they are used
yes batteries make noise as they drain
and regulation does not help the battery drain noise. I’m sure most who read this think im
nuts lol. but this is all facts ask ralph of atmosphere he knows more then most all on power supplies
lasly the impedance of the dc output matters too.
so for anyone who claim what’s best as a blanket statement, you should not.
lastly one should consider an emo sys as an galvanic voltage isolation

Reactions: christoph
both use the same type of voltage regulation. This means we still have ripple and ripple can cause harmonics above and below it’s reg freq.
this can have an effect of the network switch that uses clocks ?. so it’s not a battery is better over a LPS or even a SPS
and regulation does not help the battery drain noise. I’m sure most who read this think im
nuts lol. but this is all facts ask ralph of atmosphere he knows more then most all on power supplies
You are not nuts but the noise is only an issue with high current draw. For low current devices the battery can be very quiet.

I agree that it's useful to have an anchor or touchstone. But that can be difficult when listening to recorded music when the sound is heavily processed. The two video's above comparing a dc cable sound are processed to the point where I have no connection to live sound. (no judgement intended here). Of course much live music is also processed.

I think to judge whether a system is approaching live sound has to be with a recording where that is the intention of those making the recording. And I don't think live sound is limited to acoustic instruments. It's more about the processing that takes place in the studio.
Live amplified also has a different feel from recordings but good luck with recorded material with which to judge that…

Did you follow the explanation of the upcoming battery power supply for the Taiko Extreme server on the Taiko thread?
It is basically a sophisticated battery management system followed by the ultra high quality Taiko DC to DC SMPS with a megahertz switching frequency. IMO, this is the way to go.

Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusBarkus
There is nothing to defend…you either accept live, unamplified music as the only sonic reference or you go full subjectivism and what “sounds good to me” is right for each individual. (...)

In fact those that accept unamplified music as the only sonic reference suffer from the same problem - individual "sounds good to me". They group around brands or specific sound types, as all others. Listening tests carried by F. Toole involving musicians and people with musical knowledge found that they did not score better than the average listener in evaluations and in fact other studies reported that they had very different preferences from common listeners.

Listening tests carried by F. Toole involving musicians and people with musical knowledge found that they did not score better than the average listener in evaluations

Ok, so that then debunks Toole's tests

• Haha
Reactions: Audiophile Bill
Tests carried out by bonzo75 showed that Ronnie Coleman isn't stronger than the average audiophile..

Is the problem with Coleman then?

• Haha
Reactions: Audiophile Bill
In fact those that accept unamplified music as the only sonic reference suffer from the same problem - individual "sounds good to me". They group around brands or specific sound types, as all others. Listening tests carried by F. Toole involving musicians and people with musical knowledge found that they did not score better than the average listener in evaluations and in fact other studies reported that they had very different preferences from common listeners.
Micro were dealing with "Golden ears" here not the average listeners , lol

Micro were dealing with "Golden ears" here not the average listeners , lol
So, in nearly every human endeavour there is a pretty clear hierarchy in ability but apparently (as implied by you) it doesn’t exist in being able to judge sound quality? :rolleyes:

So, in nearly every human endeavour there is a pretty clear hierarchy in ability but apparently (as implied by you) it doesn’t exist in being able to judge sound quality? :rolleyes:
No , you ( and the ones i dont need to mention ) constantly wanna push their sound perspective as some kind of an absolute for the hobby.
I gave myself enough time to listen to all the audionote UK Devore speakers and horns at the munich show .
And to say it politely its not my kind of sound .

But this thread is not about that brad , this thread is about WADAX digital

Ps Admire and Viva horns were an exception

Last edited:
No , you ( and the ones i dont need to mention ) constantly wanna push their sound perspective as some kind of an absolute for the hobby.
I gave myself enough time to listen to all the audionote UK Devore speakers and horns at the munich show .
And to say it politely its not my kind of sound .

But this thread is not about that brad , this thread is about WADAX digital
I put out my opinions, which happen to resonate with a substantial subset of WBF members. I follow the principle of trying to make a system sound like live, unamplified music and based on heavy doses of live music, particularly intimate setting classical, and a good ability to translate what I hear live into what I hear from reproduction have come to realize there are some paths that get closer than others. You can disagree, fine with me but it won't stop me from telling it the way I see it. I don't think you have any vision whatsoever about what it should sound like. Your views from the show are scattershot, IMO, with no consistency about the sound of room preferences...things that sounded so different that you liked I found hard to believe. Whatever, it doesn't really matter but I hear things in a way you obviously don't and I trust that what I like is closer to live unamplified music due to lots of feedback over the years I have had from others and from others that I know are really in touch with the real thing. Kevin Scott from Living Voice is one such chap. That man understands what music sounds like. Stavros from Aries Cerat is another (even if he usually listens too loud for my liking).

Perhaps, yes, but who judges the judge? There are no awards for “best sound quality evaluator”, no “sound quality evaluator” draft picks or high value contracts. I agree there are surely differences in ability, but based on what criteria? It sounds good (pun not intended) to imagine there are some select few “professional grade” evaluators as there are, for example, “master sommeliers” in the world of wine (another extremely subjunctive hobby.) So, please name a few of these ”golden ears” you speak of. I think we can all agree that being an audio reviewer is not a qualification, correct?

Even then, back to my sommelier example, James Suckling and Robert Parker often differ in the score they give a wine.

Reactions: andromedaaudio
(...) Whatever, it doesn't really matter but I hear things in a way you obviously don't (...)

Yes, it happens with most of us ...

and I trust that what I like is closer to live unamplified music due to lots of feedback over the years I have had from others and from others that I know are really in touch with the real thing.

If we select to consider just the feedback of those who think as us it is eas to trust ourselves.

Kevin Scott from Living Voice is one such chap. That man understands what music sounds like. Stavros from Aries Cerat is another (even if he usually listens too loud for my liking).

Nice to know of those who share your preference. But you are referring to another elephant in the room no one usually wants to refer - loudness.

Yes, it happens with most of us ...

If we select to consider just the feedback of those who think as us it is eas to trust ourselves.

Nice to know of those who share your preference. But you are referring to another elephant in the room no one usually wants to refer - loudness.
Most rooms are too loud at shows

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing