Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
New VPI Titan on HifiPigs;

Reactions: mtemur

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
o_O

But I’ll stick with my Avenger Direct. Even if I could afford this beast, it’d never fit on my stand! :)

Reactions: RickS and BillK

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
That's what I' talkin' 'bout.
Maybe they will schlep one down I95 to this year's CAF.. if they do I will try to give a full report. that would be an excellent place for a debut.
i will keep my fingers crossed.
heretofore it seems the magnetic bearing and direct drive were mutually exclusive(to me at least). If I understand correctly they have combined the two.

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
o_O

But I’ll stick with my Avenger Direct. Even if I could afford this beast, it’d never fit on my stand! :)

It looks like the footprint isn't any larger than the Avenger Direct's, it's just taller.

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
That's what I' talkin' 'bout.
Maybe they will schlep one down I95 to this year's CAF.. if they do I will try to give a full report. that would be an excellent place for a debut.
i will keep my fingers crossed.
heretofore it seems the magnetic bearing and direct drive were mutually exclusive(to me at least). If I understand correctly they have combined the two.

Previously yes.

Here they're just doing what they previously did with the Titan; the direct drive is driving the platter magnetically coupled to the platter the LP is on rather than the LP platter itself.

Reactions: Gregadd

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
It looks like the footprint isn't any larger than the Avenger Direct's, it's just taller.
That’s the problem for me (besides the price!). The height makes it a no go.

Reactions: BillK

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing