Von Scweikert (AXPONA Saturday Night After Hours Listening Session Hosted By Greg Weaver) Euphoria Room

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Axpona 2019 VSA.jpg
Von Schweikert Audio will be teaming up with VAC, The Audio Co, Critical Mass, Esoteric, Masterbuilt, and TechDas. We will have an after hours listening session Saturday night around 8:30 pm until usually after midnight hosted by Greg Weaver. Everyone is invited. Greg will bring some amazing pressings of some great music. This event will take place in the Euphoria Room , 2nd floor where we will feature our ULTRA 11 speakers powered by 4 VAC 450Iq Statement monoblocks. Statement Line Stage and Phono Pre. All digital is provided by Esoteric's finest electronics. All analog will be handled by TechDas Air Force One. All gear will be on Critical Mass Racks. All cabling will be MasterBuilt Ultra.

Our second room is Nirvana A , also 2nd floor we will feature 2 different systems....

System One
Ultra 9's, VAC 450I Iq(Integrated), TechDas Air Force 3 Premium, Esoteric for all digital, Critical Mass Racks, and MasterBuilt Audio Cables.

System Two
Endeavor E-5MkII's, E-3MkII's, VAC 200 Iq monoblocks, Master Line Stage and Phono Pre, TechDas Air Force 5, Esoteric, Critical Mass Racks, and MasterBuilt Audio Cables.

Again, all are welcome

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Leif,

As you know from our many discussions that yours and Damon's work is what generated the idea for this tag. Sitting amongst other listeners at Axpona and Capitol Audio Fest, we kept hearing repeatedly, almost like a mantra, the same thing from seasoned VSA owners and newbies like myself, that the show systems were producing sound that almost universally made listeners comment that it sounded like it was real. It was also uncanny to see how many people reflexly got up from their chairs and started dancing in response.

I marveled from the time I spent in your rooms and listened to other parts of the system settle in and the speakers put forth any changes, good and bad in the signal path, only to repeatedly watch you adjust your networks to shift the sound to be the most realistic I had heard. Perhaps even more impressive was the string of highly opinionated well known people in this space, like reviewers, make the same comments repeatedly because they were so excited by the experience.

In writing this post, I now know exactly why I have purchased Ultra 9's, VAC electronics and a full loom of MB products. I have always wanted a system that sounds indistinguishable from reality and you and Damon have made that possible. See you at Axpona 2019.

Reactions: Leif S

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Leif,

As you know from our many discussions that yours and Damon's work is what generated the idea for this tag. Sitting amongst other listeners at Axpona and Capitol Audio Fest, we kept hearing repeatedly, almost like a mantra, the same thing from seasoned VSA owners and newbies like myself, that the show systems were producing sound that almost universally made listeners comment that it sounded like it was real. It was also uncanny to see how many people reflexly got up from their chairs and started dancing in response.

I marveled from the time I spent in your rooms and listened to other parts of the system settle in and the speakers put forth any changes, good and bad in the signal path, only to repeatedly watch you adjust your networks to shift the sound to be the most realistic I had heard. Perhaps even more impressive was the string of highly opinionated well known people in this space, like reviewers, make the same comments repeatedly because they were so excited by the experience.

In writing this post, I now know exactly why I have purchased Ultra 9's, VAC electronics and a full loom of MB products. I have always wanted a system that sounds indistinguishable from reality and you and Damon have made that possible. See you at Axpona 2019.
I just found out that they will not be having the dance competition this year. So we won't be dealing with the power draw like last year..
I look forward to seeing you and other WBF members soon.

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Just a reminder that we have Greg Weaver playing records for our after hours listening session this Saturday night. if you are going to the Shelby Lynne concert be sure to stop by after the concert. We will be going for hours.
FB_IMG_1523659597078.jpg

Reactions: mountainjoe

ngamountains

Apr 24, 2018
It isn’t over yet, but a big thanks to Leif, Damon and Greg for what has been a mind-blowing evening of great music on a phenomenal system. I heard quite a few familiar pieces as I never heard them before. Bravo!

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Greg Weaver's Saturday night music standup event was nothing short of amazing. I did not realize that I sat in place for 6 hours listening to many records I know quite well, so I thought, and left at 3 AM absolutely elated. Great music, amazing sound, great standup. Bravo Greg, VSA, VAC, MB, and TAC.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing