Von Schweikert Ultra 9's in the House!!!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sam! How are you doig? :)

You eye doctors have all the fun! :D

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
Hi jack

Good to hear from you....haven’t heard your usual passionate in-depth commentary from the ultra11 upgrade !....point taken , you must be thoroughly enjoying the music

Great to see numbers of conversion from the vr9se mark 2 to the new ultra9....looks very sleek and awesome.....only heard the ultra 11 on debut in Munich a few years...

Rodney must be “in daa zone”....a magical musical state to be in..fab U lous

Here, still enjoying 9se mark 2...which seems to deliver more and more goodies as time goes on, with every little change or tweak done
Still have not done/ completed my TT program....strange a tenor phono stage lying ideal for the 2 years!....hopefully, should be done before winter

Funny you say .... all you eyemen... thoroughly enjoying tweaking eyes!...one big daytime adrenaline rush....make relaxing with music all the better!

Must visit your place and the phalavan isles

Cheers
Sam

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I wish I had more time to listen Sam, as the whole caboodle is now in a very, very high state of tune thanks to a visit from Leif, Damon and Annett from Stromtank. Leif and Damon helped me get that Tsunami effect I hear at Jim's with his VR-111 XS'. Annett thanks to some remote wizardry with her engineers in Germany dialed in the Stromtank parameters through the net to our country's apparently unique 230V 60Hz spec.

It's been a crazy year with losses of beloved elders, an election and tons and tons of work. Without the three I might not have had the time to get the system running the way it is by myself.

The 9 Mk2s are definitely givers. I have to admit that I was reluctant to let go of the 11s. Thankfully the leap of faith on the Ultras paid off handsomely making the wait pretty much a forgotten ordeal. I had a great listeninng session last night, today being a holiday. The stress definnitely melted away in a sea of aaaaaaahhhhhs LOL That was nice!

I hope you do get to visit this side of the world my friend. I'd definitely love to host you!

I was hoping to visit Rodney since there was a fight in Vegas but once again work kept me but not my buddies from going. Maybe next year!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm hoping Stevie. I miss you guys.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Wow!

I've been out of the loop so I apologize for the slow response.

Sam, I will be attending the academy pre-meeting 18-19 Oct. Let's try to meet. If you can swing a quick trip to Vegas while you are here, let me know. I don't gamble but after you hear the Ultras, I bet you will be hooked. I didn't want to like them because I was in a good place with my VR-9's. 5 minutes with Leif and Damon listening to the Ultras made me decide getting a new Porsche was a "frivolous" expense... I needed the Ultras.

Wife out of town tonight so I will be in daa zone!!!

I think we should try to find a way to visit Jack in the Philippines since he is too "busy" to come to the U.S.:mad:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'll actually be in the UK next July. Up north in Scotland though. Doing that golf bucket list thing with 15 of my childhood friends. Don't think I'll get to visit Sam :(

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
Maybe even a stop in SoCal

Sam if you visit Jack, Palawan is a must

Steve, That’s one thing I would love to do before calling it quits from work....visit jacks place and the phalawan isles
May have a chance early 2020....we do have a lot of very skilled eye theatre nurses from Philippines....one of them who does most of my lists is getting married to his partner early next year...may attend

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
I'll actually be in the UK next July. Up north in Scotland though. Doing that golf bucket list thing with 15 of my childhood friends. Don't think I'll get to visit Sam :(

Hey jack
Great , your in my side of the world.....visit if possible....sad your up north near trump land and very far from home
Group of old school friends stayed and played golf for days @ St. Andrews ...loved it but were disappointed it was hot in July and could not wear all the posh gear.....especially their cardi’s
I may be in your neck of the woods early 2020....to attend a wedding!
If not will join Rodney for a visit .....must give licence to visit yours and your brothers ....just to listen to the 111’s in the palace of sound!
Will keep posted
Cheers
Sam

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
Wow!

Sam, I will be attending the academy pre-meeting 18-19 Oct. Let's try to meet. If you can swing a quick trip to Vegas while you are here, let me know. I don't gamble but after you hear the Ultras, I bet you will be hooked. I didn't want to like them because I was in a good place with my VR-9's. 5 minutes with Leif and Damon listening to the Ultras made me decide getting a new Porsche was a "frivolous" expense... I needed the Ultras.

I think we should try to find a way to visit Jack in the Philippines since he is too "busy" to come to the U.S.:mad:

Wow!

Hi Rodney
Great to hear from you....that’s one major overhaul of your sound system........was that a rufus modified Porsche you let go!, imagine all the track handbrake doughnuts you could have done .......wise choice ...well done
Must visit to listen to all that magic you have ....in you theatre room, specially tweaked by Leif and Damon.
Looks like I am in sfo from the 11 to 15th and day with my sister ......
Rodney , if it was me and was scheduled for days off work.....I would lock my self in that theatre room and throw away the keys!.....should be all runin by mid October
Do consider a trip to jacks place .....will be fine to join you
Enjoy
Cheers
Sam

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Early 2020! Let's go Docs! That means you too Stevie! :D

Warm is good for me Sam. I'm a tropical dude :)

Rodney I'm sure I'll be in LV at some point. My brother in law moved there.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Late January to Early February has the most gorgeous weather. Let's do this! :D

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Too bad you can't get to me here, and see the Eera Tentation sounding sublime.

6 years of ownership, only 3x pricier SGM server/Aqua dac is surpassing it.

More chance of meeting Donald J Trump, he loves his Scottish golf.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That's good too Rodey!

Stevie if you and Cathy decide to skip mexico this year...... :D

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
Hey jack
Great to hear Rodney and Steve are free....late jan early feb would be fine for me
Is it audio gents only!

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Hey Leif,

Looks like you're not the only guy delivering speakers with flip-flops.... Nqqy+Ey7SaCMkaE8v3vevQ.jpg . 118vivid.delivery.jpg

Reactions: Leif S

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing