Vitus SIA-030

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
The wait is over! The Vitus Audio SIA-030 integrated amplifier will be finally unveiled at Munich 2019. Here's what I know about the new model...

- It will not replace the SIA-025 Mk2, but will be the new flagship integrated in the Signature series
- It will have a larger chassis about the same height as the MP-M201, but will not be as long
- It will have approximately 30 watts Kl.A and 200 watts Kl.A/B (conservatively)
- It is based on Masterpiece series technology

Based on how good the Reference series RI-101 is, let alone the SIA-025Mk2; this new amp should be awesome. Can't wait!

53599130_612194712560450_309735333237358592_n.jpg Vitus-prev.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Here are the preliminary design features & specs for the SIA-030. The power specs and chassis dimensions are in line with what I expected, as are the design principles based on the Masterpiece series. But the degree of chassis improvemente (eg: the faraday cage for the preamp section), optional phono stage & RJ45/USB logical inputs to enable firmware upgrades are a (pleasant) surprise. I said on another site that I think this will be one of the most important solid state intergrated amps in the history of high end audio..

The all new Vitus SIA-030 is a step up from the highly regarded SIA-025 MKII integrated amplifier. Here is the preliminary info...

• 2.2KVA custom design transformer, vibration suspended.
• Approx. 400.000uF precapacitor bank
• Shielded preamplifier internal “chassis”
• Airflow optimized for maximum cooling with no fans.
• Extra transformer for all logic/CPU ect.
• Secondary capacitor bank of approx. 216.000uF
• Fully regulated PSU, also for output stage – similar to what is found in our MP-M201 4 chassis mono amplifiers.
• Key regulation technology insulated in add-on modules for easy upgradability, and extra shielding.
• Everything separated nicely, and in complete mirror configuration
• Standard inputs: 2x RCA unbalanced and 3x XLR fully balanced line inputs.
• Speaker Outputs are true balanced.
• Pre-out un-balanced to be compatible with most active subs.
• RJ45/USB logical inputs for easy firmware upgrades.
• Optional Phono stage and DAC/Streamer.
• Separate input selection board. Placed directly @ input connectors.
• Main preamp board paced at shield plate, which offers good shielding from especially power transformer.
• As usual using our modular design, for easy future upgrades.
• Placed on the back of the preamplifier board.
• New design taken from the MP-L201.
• Offers 0.5dB steps on every step.
• Signal path approx. 20mm though complete volume.
• Zero influence on bandwidth.

VITUS AUDIO SIA-030 Specifications:

INPUTS:

Linestage:

• 2x unbalanced RCA inputs, 3x true balanced XRL inputs

Optional Phono stage:

• 2x unbalanced RCA inputs

Optional DAC/Streamer:

• 1x AES input • 1x SPDIF (RCA) input • 1x Ethernet for streaming • 1x USB supporting upto 2x DSD • 1x Optical input for TV ect.

OUTPUTS:

• 1 set balanced speaker outputs • 1x unbalanced RCA pre-out for active subs or bi-amping

SPECIFICATIONS:

• 30W kl.A in 8ohm RMS
• 200W high biased kl. AB in 8 ohm RMS.
• Powerrating almost doubles for 4 ohm
• Kl. A / AB mode switchable
• Fully regulated PSU including output stage
• Linestage gain upto 12-18dB
• Phonostage supports MC/MM with max gain upto 70dB (expected)

DIMENTIONS (WxHxD): 435x268x530mm

Weight: approx 55kg.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barry2013

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Here is a report by Audiofi.net about the SIA-030, including an interview with Hans Ole Vitus. I should point out there is a slight innacuracy in the article; they state the SIA-025 Mk2 is being updated to the SIA-030, when in fact it will become the new flagship integrated in the Signature series. And here is a photo essay from Mono & Stereo which shows the immaculate build quality of the chassis and boards. For me there is a strong family resemblance to the design of the MP-S201 :cool:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barry2013

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
French Dealer Enceintes Et Musiques visited the Vitus factory recently & posted this album on their FB page, incl: 22 photos of the SIA-030 in final assembly....just in time for Munich High End :cool:

Reactions: Narayan

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
New integrated super amplifier SIA030 to be introduced at the Munich highend show is about 2 weeks time

57441819_2240653852657367_8748490181679513600_n.jpg

Siltech

Apr 25, 2019
Hi Bodhi,
I live in Toronto, Canada. I also own the Vitus
SIA-025 Mkll and want to upgrade to Vitus SIA-030. There are no Vitus Canadian Dealers.
Maybe you have some connections, and can get me a Vitus SIA-030 for a great price. If you can help me buy one, I’d appreciate it. Please, the price has to be very good, not retail. Thanks Bodhi.
SILTECH

Vicov

Apr 25, 2019
For me, the great benefit of this new flagship integrated is that there will be a few SIA 025’s coming back to the dealer network.
Vic

Reactions: analyzer

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Hi Bodhi,
SIA-025 Mkll and want to upgrade to Vitus SIA-030. There are no Vitus Canadian Dealers.
Maybe you have some connections, and can get me a Vitus SIA-030 for a great price. If you can help me buy one, I’d appreciate it. Please, the price has to be very good, not retail. Thanks Bodhi.
SILTECH

Check out High End By Oz. They are based out of LA and should be able to help you.

HighEndByOz

Apr 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Hi Bodhi,
SILTECH
Hi Siltech

We are the North American Distributor for Vitus Audio. Please feel free to contact me and I will guide you towards one of our Authorized dealers to help you with the SIA 030..

Ozan Turan
High End By Oz LLC
www.highendbyoz.com
oz@highendbyoz.com

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Hi Bodhi,
SILTECH
My Dealer does look after me as i’ve been a client for 10 years, but he can’t sell Vitus gear into Canada due to territorial issues and the different standard voltage (110v). I would’ve given the same advice as DSkip; to talk to the US Distributor who should be able to introduce you to a premium US Dealer who can look after you.

Siltech

Apr 25, 2019
My Dealer does look after me as i’ve been a client for 10 years, but he can’t sell Vitus gear into Canada due to territorial issues and the different standard voltage (110v). I would’ve given the same advice as DSkip; to talk to the US Distributor who should be able to introduce you to a premium US Dealer who can look after you.
Thanks B Man

Reactions: Bodhi

HighEndByOz

Apr 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Can anyone, including DEALERS tell us USA retail of Vitus SIA-030? SILTECH
The price of the SIA 030 is not announced yet. It will be announced prior to Munich High End 2019

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
The new display is larger, sharper & easier to read compared to the tiny display on previous models. Bravo Vitus Audio!

1AE1086F-1940-4CEC-B700-DA8C780F4E85.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicov

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
A rear view of the SIA-030 showing the slots for the optional Phone and Dac/streamer modules. Vitus are using some very nice connectors I see :cool:

59460646_2255504851172267_314152114395807744_n.jpg

Last edited:

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
@Siltech, Yes from my discussions with Hans Ole Vitus (and just from identifying the transformer visually) it is 100% a UI-core transformer (see pic below). The SIA-030 uses Masterpiece series technology. It is only the Reference series which use EI-core transformers, everything else uses custom UI-core tranny's. You can also read this interview with HOV discussing their transformers.

Vitus-a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Narayan

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing