Violin videos: solo or with small ensemble

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
This video sounds very good. Complicated looking system!

Hi Jeffrey,

Murat’s journey is very interesting. He started out going down the whole Goto route with more and more channels - he was collecting them lol. He was up to 7 way at one point. He has a humongous thread on diy audio if you want to see the entire journey. Anyway, after discovering the joys of the AER drivers (he has BD4), he ended up radically simplifying to effectively a 3 way. So he has BD4 for around 500 upwards more or less direct radiating, below that he has the famous and mental Goto 146 mid bass driver loaded into that mad looking massive Le Cleach mid bass horn. Below that he has sub bass from a giant snail type horn based on the John Inlow design. He seems to rotate that an a conventional Focal Utopia field coil subwoofer pair for sun bass duties.
Even though I am massive AER fan, I do feel his system anchors so well around the Goto 146 due to the exceptional speed and detail of that driver. It is very rare to see / head compression driver mid bass - only the most mad need apply due to sheer size of the horn.
I feel I have a basic handle on what he is getting as I have a much cruder large conical mid bass project loaded with a massively inferior Supravox driver, which by no means will proxy for the Goto - that said the integration of full horn mid bass to 50hz with the AER is a very fast, dynamic and an entertaining system.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Hi Jeffrey,

Murat’s journey is very interesting. He started out going down the whole Goto route with more and more channels - he was collecting them lol. He was up to 7 way at one point. He has a humongous thread on diy audio if you want to see the entire journey. Anyway, after discovering the joys of the AER drivers (he has BD4), he ended up radically simplifying to effectively a 3 way. So he has BD4 for around 500 upwards more or less direct radiating, below that he has the famous and mental Goto 146 mid bass driver loaded into that mad looking massive Le Cleach mid bass horn. Below that he has sub bass from a giant snail type horn based on the John Inlow design. He seems to rotate that an a conventional Focal Utopia field coil subwoofer pair for sun bass duties.
Even though I am massive AER fan, I do feel his system anchors so well around the Goto 146 due to the exceptional speed and detail of that driver. It is very rare to see / head compression driver mid bass - only the most mad need apply due to sheer size of the horn.
I feel I have a basic handle on what he is getting as I have a much cruder large conical mid bass project loaded with a massively inferior Supravox driver, which by no means will proxy for the Goto - that said the integration of full horn mid bass to 50hz with the AER is a very fast, dynamic and an entertaining system.
Bill,
Thank you for the very through reply! It looks like there is a super tweeter above the BD4, do you know if he is still using that?

Thanks,
Jeff

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Bill,
Thank you for the very through reply! It looks like there is a super tweeter above the BD4, do you know if he is still using that?

Thanks,
Jeff

He was once on 8 way and went back down to 2 way

Reactions: the sound of Tao

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Actually Moscow and some of the audiophiles are there are on my hit list to visit some time There is probably maximum knowledge and experience there, like with the Italians. But worried for sure reading UK tabloids

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Bill,

Thanks,
Jeff

No he doesn’t use that.

Reactions: jeff1225

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Reactions: bonzo75

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Actually Moscow and some of the audiophiles are there are on my hit list to visit some time There is probably maximum knowledge and experience there, like with the Italians. But worried for sure reading UK tabloids

Tangentially: Surprised you haven't shot off to the South of France with a tender rental lined up in numerous ports. Before certain changes disrupt breezing in and out.

Iterative of stated concerns but...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tangentially: Surprised you haven't shot off to the South of France with a tender rental lined up in numerous ports. Before certain changes disrupt breezing in and out.

Iterative of stated concerns but...

? I covered France during my Altec tour, a few people from the Melaudia forum.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Covering systems installed on (Russian) MY docked there for the season. Tabloids in the US lead me to believe even their support ships hold every amenity.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Heifetz mono

advanced101

VIP/Donor
May 3, 2017
Sorry for the surface noise, this is a dollar bin level copy. Might have to seek out a better version, or grade.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Havanaise, St. Saens

Reactions: Scott Naylor

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sarasate - Carmen Fantasy, AER BD4, Garrard, Denon 103

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Vivaldi 4 seasons on tape, with Tektron amps (low watt SETs from Italy, low price, fun amps to rotate low watt tubes)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Heifetz - Chaconne

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing