Vinyl sleeves

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I’m getting a lot of new records in the next few weeks and desire to take care of them. They will be cleaned with a Degritter when I receive them, but I was wondering about which type of vinyl sleeve to place them in. I know paper sleeves may cause some problems, so which vinyl sleeves do you recommend?

Accoustic Sounds has many different brands, so it makes selecting the best from all the rest a little difficult. However, if there is a better location in the U.S. to order them please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015
I'm very interested in hearing replies to this too!
Getting my turntable installed in a couple weeks (if everything goes as planned)

Reactions: Audire

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I use Sleeve City polylined sleeves. These are better than mofi sleeves in that they don't crinkle nearly as easily. I also like to write the cleaning date on the outer paper, just so I know. Sleeves that don't use paper are more difficult to inscribe notes to myself. So polylined paper is what I prefer.

If I didn't care about inscribing cleaning notes to myself on the sleeve, then I'd probably exclusively use marecordings.com inner sleeves. These are the nicest overall that I've encountered.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Crystal clear , Archival & PAT tested
Used these for a few years now in standard & oversized for Mofi , AP etc & also triple/quad jackets
use dual pockets myself - record in one pocket & jacket in other pocket
7/10/12inch cover all options

Vinyl Storage Solutions

The Photographic Activity Test (PAT) is a worldwide standard (ISO Standard 18916) for archival quality in photographic enclosures. Developed by IPI ( Image Permanence Institute), this test predicts possible interactions between photographic images and the enclosures in which they are stored.

777 vss-product-photo-15_1200x.jpg j8vss-product-photo-47_1200x.jpg

Last edited:

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Used these for a few years now in standard & oversized for Mofi , AP etc & also triple/quad jackets

Vinyl Storage Solutions

The Photographic Activity Test (PAT) is a worldwide standard (ISO Standard 18916) for archival quality in photographic enclosures. Developed by IPI ( Image Permanence Institute), this test predicts possible interactions between photographic images and the enclosures in which they are stored.

View attachment 82792 View attachment 82793
I use these sleeves as well and there excellent.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle

Vinyl Storage Solutions

View attachment 82792 View attachment 82793
Thanks Very much. I’m ordering some.

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
They look good. Unfortunately we are often limited in the Uk due to the very high postage and customs and vat charges on arrival

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I use Sleeve City polylined sleeves. These are better than mofi sleeves in that they don't crinkle nearly as easily. I also like to write the cleaning date on the outer paper, just so I know. Sleeves that don't use paper are more difficult to inscribe notes to myself. So polylined paper is what I prefer.

If I didn't care about inscribing cleaning notes to myself on the sleeve, then I'd probably exclusively use marecordings.com inner sleeves. These are the nicest overall that I've encountered.

Just to confirm, are you using the polylined paper or the diskkeeper?

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Just to confirm, are you using the polylined paper or the diskkeeper?
I've used both. The sleeve I've settled on is the polylined paper. The diskeeper in the thickest version resists crinkling very well. It's very high quality. But it's very thick (tight in some outer sleeves), and also not convenient for my note taking.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I've used both. The sleeve I've settled on is the polylined paper. The diskeeper in the thickest version resists crinkling very well. But it's very thick, and not convenient for my note taking.

Thanks. I would like to try something stiffer than the MoFi sleeves since sometimes it is hard to get them in the jacket if it is a tight squeeze.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I used to use Mo-Fi sleeves.

Soon I will use these recommeded by Jim Ford:

Reactions: Audire and gds7368

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing