Vinyl becoming an HBO series?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Tell me it ain't so:

I am going to start a kickstarter campaign to fund another called, "Digital is IT!"

Looks like it has great potential, though. Top talent involved in the creation, writing and direction.

Tim

Yeh, may have to stomach the title and watch it anyway. :D

I thought a title like 16/44 might have carried some punch ;)

Newest trailer:

Tell me it ain't so:

I am going to start a kickstarter campaign to fund another called, "Digital is IT!"

Yes the digital version will be the b grade series on the syfy channel :D

I'm looking forward to the many episodes on groove and stylus noise

Saw the pilot, not that bad. Could have been called "cassette, reel to reel & receiver" instead of vinyl, we saw more of them than actual vinyl or TT's.

It's good for the industry, right? Why complain...

It will probably sell a lot of classic rock, and a lot of that is really good, really worth selling. I'm a little disappointed that they got into murder right off. That seems totally unnecessary to me. But the credits are full of heavyweights, I'll keep watching.

Tim

The Series is about the "industry" in the early 70's.

I was thinking people buy even more vinyl and they'll be looking at stereo stuff.

I was thinking people buy even more vinyl and they'll be looking at stereo stuff.

A noble dream, but they'll be taking if all in through the speakers in their Samsung TVs. :)

Tim

This talk has put me in a 70's mood

Open Road - Donovan
Alone Together - Dave Mason

I just watched the pilot, and I think it was a hot mess. (And I don't mean that as a compliment.)

What did you all think of the pilot?

I recorded the first two hour episode and finally had time to watch it the other evening. Out of two hours there was about 10 minutes of product worth watching. I will give it one more episode and if it is more of guys acting like a...holes that will be it.

I recorded the first two hour episode and finally had time to watch it the other evening. Out of two hours there was about 10 minutes of product worth watching. I will give it one more episode and if it is more of guys acting like a...holes that will be it.

That's what the show is all about, a bunch of a...holes in the seventies musicbiz.

Actually, I have to admit I think the show is getting better over time.

I told my father all the crazy nonsense and mayhem depicted in the pilot. He said that in the 1970s, before the record companies were run like real corporations, most of the stuff in the pilot is plausible.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing