Vikings

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I really enjoy the storyline. They could tone down some of the gratuitous violence.

At least they toned down on the sex. It's History Channel. :D Dexter and Banshee have both sex and violence at full throttle.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Watched 3 episodes. Gripping and a great continuation from season 2.

BobM

Feb 5, 2014
Long Island, NY
It's funny comparing Vikings and The Walking Dead. Both series are in the top 5 that most people watch.

- The dialogue on both seems to be at a 4th grade level
- Both shows push gore and death.
- Neither show pushes sex as avidly as anything HBO or Showtime produces
- One is in the past, one in the future, but humanity is portrayed with the same passions and obsessions

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We were on the bandwagon from the get-go but I am starting to lose interest this year. Last weeks episode was a real snoozer.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's funny comparing Vikings and The Walking Dead. Both series are in the top 5 that most people watch.

- The dialogue on both seems to be at a 4th grade level
- Both shows push gore and death.
- Neither show pushes sex as avidly as anything HBO or Showtime produces
- One is in the past, one in the future, but humanity is portrayed with the same passions and obsessions

I watch both though I never thought of comparing both, and that's interesting.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Saw the latest episode, 6, of Season 3 and the bloody gore continues, this time courtesy of the Christian Englishmen. That public cutting of ears and nose of a woman was chilling, to say the least - a punishment for marital infidelity in those days. Good thing the King stopped the cutting of the other ear or else it would have continued with the nose. Now the Vikings are about to attack Paris.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Saw the latest episode, 6, of Season 3 and the bloody gore continues, this time courtesy of the Christian Englishmen. That public cutting of ears and nose of a woman was chilling, to say the least - a punishment for marital infidelity in those days. Good thing the King stopped the cutting of the other ear or else it would have continued with the nose. Now the Vikings are about to attack Paris.

I'm not so sure about the attack on Paris now with Athelstan dead and Ragnar shaving his head and putting on Athelstan Christian cross...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
3 more episodes to go. Paris is within the sights of the Vikings. Must be another Paris as its surrounded by water.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
3 more episodes to go. Paris is within the sights of the Vikings. Must be another Paris as its surrounded by water.

No, same Paris as today but it was much smaller then, only the island in the Seine where the Notre Dame cathedral stands now.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
No, same Paris as today but it was much smaller then, only the island in the Seine where the Notre Dame cathedral stands now.

Ah, thanks for the info, Lindeman.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A rare time that the Vikings were deafeated in a battle. Floki is going to take the flak. :D Wonder if he will survive till Season 4. Miraculously, Bjorn and Rollo are alive! 2 more episodes left and I will have no more series to watch, at all. :D

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
A rare time that the Vikings were deafeated in a battle. Floki is going to take the flak. :D Wonder if he will survive till Season 4. Miraculously, Bjorn and Rollo are alive! 2 more episodes left and I will have no more series to watch, at all. :D

Game of Thrones season 5 airs Sun. Apr. 12 :p

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Wow, I was a bit surprised how tonights episode turned out. I wasn't sure they were going to go this way,

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My wife kept telling me Ragnar, despite being in the coffin to be given a Christian mass in Paris, was alive. I never suspected that. He is not a man of honor. And Emperor Charles makes a stunning move to counter the Vikings. What a move.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
The whole christian act was a setup to get into Paris. I wonder if Rollo will betray Ragnar again...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing