USB cable recommended?

alfa100

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
I have a Curious USB cable, it is about 6 inches long. I just tried a 1M Pangea and to my surprise it sounded better! Is it because of the longer length or the cable itself? I know the Pangea usb is considered an el cheap- o cable, can someone recommend something better?

Thanks,
ozzy FC

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
I have a Sablon Evo USB that I discovered in this forum. He is an artisan manufacturer of high end cables at reasonable (albeit not ‘cheap’) price points. I replaced a Nordost Heimdall 2 cable and his Evo is quite good. About as good as you might find in the price range. I believe he has a demo program.

dnnaudio

Aug 3, 2021
I was able to compare NA MUON USB with a Curious and Supra Excalibur cable in my speaker rig and a headphone system. It was clear from the first few moments of listening the MUON is in an entirely different league compared to either Curious or Supra. Everything simply sounds more real - tonality, density, clarity, dynamics, soundstage, etc. It is amazing how much digital noise this cable removes. I wanted to audition FTA Sinope and Sablon EVO but I was unsuccessful to work it out with either. The MUON is not cheap, but it is not crazy expensive. If you are looking for a no compromise USB cable you should include this in your list. Network Acoustics is also so easy to deal with. If you are looking for a killer cable in the affordable category you cannot make a mistake with the Supra Excalibur. This $120 cable performs at the level of the $350 Curious and in some systems some may actually prefer this.

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
I was able to compare NA MUON USB with a Curious and Supra Excalibur cable in my speaker rig and a headphone system. It was clear from the first few moments of listening the MUON is in an entirely different league compared to either Curious or Supra. Everything simply sounds more real - tonality, density, clarity, dynamics, soundstage, etc. It is amazing how much digital noise this cable removes. I wanted to audition FTA Sinope and Sablon EVO but I was unsuccessful to work it out with either. The MUON is not cheap, but it is not crazy expensive. If you are looking for a no compromise USB cable you should include this in your list. Network Acoustics is also so easy to deal with. If you are looking for a killer cable in the affordable category you cannot make a mistake with the Supra Excalibur. This $120 cable performs at the level of the $350 Curious and in some systems some may actually prefer this.
I too was keen to check out an FTA Finope cable but that contravenes their business model. I’m quite happy with my Sablon Audio Evo cable and have ended my USB search. It’s price point roughly the same as FTA. Each company insists their cable is the best. Go figure! I think both FTA and Sablon SHOULD sound considerably better than a Curious cable as the cost is close to triple. I cannot speak with MUON as I’m unfamiliar with the line. And as I say, my hunt is over! Yeah!

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
I tried a variety of USB and I was impressed enough with AQ Diamond to keep it for 3 years. I read about the Sablon 2020 cable and it turned out to be a clear sonic upgrade that was apparent after a few minutes of auditioning. Last year I purchased EVO. After a week of (necessary) break in I was knocked out by the ramp up of resolution, refinement and engagement the EVO brought to my system.

Republicoftexas69

Supra.

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
Has anyone tried cables from Authentic Audio Image I tried their top ethernet cable and was blown what a good ethernet cable can do to the sound Try the AAI you will be shocked.
I have also placed their USB Assoluto cable which will reach me 1st week june will let people know how it sounds.

sbilotta

Feb 4, 2020
I have a NA Muon USB (since two years) and have also a Sablon EVO USB (since a month).
I'm going back and forth, but the cable that consistently remains in my system is the Muon. In fact, I think I'll be selling the Sablon soon (even though a very good cable).

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
I have a NA Muon USB (since two years) and have also a Sablon EVO USB (since a month).
I'm going back and forth, but the cable that consistently remains in my system is the Muon. In fact, I think I'll be selling the Sablon soon (even though a very good cable).
Are you using the Muon USB with the filter or without it?

dnnaudio

Aug 3, 2021
Just curious how do the two differ sonically? I always wanted to try the Sablon due all the positive comments but never got a chance and ended up w/ the MUON.

sbilotta

Feb 4, 2020
Just curious how do the two differ sonically? I always wanted to try the Sablon due all the positive comments but never got a chance and ended up w/ the MUON.
in essence, the Muon is neutral, very clear, detailed and overall balanced. The Sablon is more bass heavy and somewhat colored.
Personal preferences I guess.

Anyoldears

May 31, 2023

dnnaudio

Aug 3, 2021
Why not give MUON a try at $1.5K you might be pleased how incredible it is and they have 30 days no questions asked return policy.

Reactions: thyname

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing