USB cable recommended?

Calvinj

Aug 1, 2022
Thanks. I’m happy to be here with you guys. More infigo audio news coming soon.

Calvinj

Aug 1, 2022
My friend sent me a Wireworld series 8 USB cable. There's enough of a difference between the series 7 and 8 cable that it convinced me to listen to the Shunyata Omega. I'm picking up the Omega from my local dealer tomorrow. In the final analyses, listening in my system is the only way to determine what to do.
You're welcome.

It has truly been fascinating listening to different USB cables in my system. All of them sound different, but in my opinion none of them are night and day different. I've found the biggest differences are how instruments are placed within the soundstage and the perceived fullness of each instrument. I don't use "audiophile" recordings to evaluate cables/components in my system. I usually play Marcus Johnson-In Concert for a Cause, Me Myself and I track, Gregory Porter-Take Me To The Alley, Insanity Track(with Lalah Hathaway), Euge Groove-Sunday Morning, Tenderly Track and Larry Carlton-Finger Prints, Lazy Susan track. When I play Me Myself and I the Infigo really brings the Sax solo and piano to life. Each instrument has it's own place in space, weight, and dynamic shading. Again, not night and day difference, but something that standouts with the Infigo compared to every other USB cable that I've tried in my system.
You're welcome.

It has truly been fascinating listening to different USB cables in my system. All of them sound different, but in my opinion none of them are night and day different. I've found the biggest differences are how instruments are placed within the soundstage and the perceived fullness of each instrument. I don't use "audiophile" recordings to evaluate cables/components in my system. I usually play Marcus Johnson-In Concert for a Cause, Me Myself and I track, Gregory Porter-Take Me To The Alley, Insanity Track(with Lalah Hathaway), Euge Groove-Sunday Morning, Tenderly Track and Larry Carlton-Finger Prints, Lazy Susan track. When I play Me Myself and I the Infigo really brings the Sax solo and piano to life. Each instrument has it's own place in space, weight, and dynamic shading. Again, not night and day difference, but something that standouts with the Infigo compared to every other USB cable that I've tried in my system.
I’m glad you tried our cable in your system. I figured you would like it. It’s very 3 dimensional and has great image placement. It places the players where they are supposed to be in the soundstage. It gives you the full instrument and has really good extended treble with 0 harshness and great decay.

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Have a Mad Scientist Black Magic Ultra USB cable on its way...
Please share how is the cable. I am using their FCGD+ spdif and happy with the perfomance.

Calvinj

Aug 1, 2022
I am the Cable Sales director at INFIGO AUDIO! I am making a full disclosure. I can be reached at 4695833663. Call or text. Calvin D. Johnson. Afternoons are best. We are also giving 10 trials on certain cable products. I hope I’m not violating any rules or protocols here. Thank you. I can provide price lists. Orders. Etc. We have a signature sparkle series usb that sounds great. Go to infigoaudio.com

Calvinj

Aug 1, 2022
The usb cables and interconnects are made with copper if anyone wants to know

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
I am the Cable Sales director at INFIGO AUDIO! I am making a full disclosure. I can be reached at 4695833663. Call or text. Calvin D. Johnson. Afternoons are best. We are also giving 10 trials on certain cable products. I hope I’m not violating any rules or protocols here. Thank you. I can provide price lists. Orders. Etc. We have a signature sparkle series usb that sounds great. Go to infigoaudio.com
You go to "Your account" >>> "Signature" and write there "Cable Sales director at INFIGO AUDIO" for example so everyone can see your industry disclosure. That's it.

Matt

Calvinj

Aug 1, 2022
You go to "Your account" >>> "Signature" and write there "Cable Sales director at INFIGO AUDIO" for example so everyone can see your industry disclosure. That's it.

Matt
Just did it thanks.

Reactions: matthias

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
First review of the Mad Scientist Black Magic Ultra USB cable.

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore

Have you gotten yours?

vert

Oct 26, 2015
Lots of options to improve my system...upgraded power supply for my Dave(7-10K); Antipodes S20 reclocker with additional power supply($5K); Shunyata Omega USB cable($3K); Network Acoustics Muon Streaming system with their Muon USB cable($3K).

I have tried ethernet filters like Network Acoustics Muon and Waversa. I personally think music needs some organic noise.

I have also tried the Shunyata Alpha with the inline filter.

The only filter I like is the Gigafoil, and I wouldn't stream without it. But it's very picky and you need clean power from a linear power supply.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have a Curious USB cable, it is about 6 inches long. I just tried a 1M Pangea and to my surprise it sounded better! Is it because of the longer length or the cable itself? I know the Pangea usb is considered an el cheap- o cable, can someone recommend something better?

Thanks,
ozzy.
Usb cables need to a min lenth if used for audio
a max as well. Echo effects the sound if too short
google this fact
I think a 2 foot usb made to spec should be in all of our draws to use as a baseline

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia

I have one Mad Scientist Ultra USB coming next week. Along with their Ethernet cable. We’ll see….

Reactions: Miki70 and jerrybj

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
Usb cables need to a min lenth if used for audio
a max as well. Echo effects the sound if too short
google this fact
I think a 2 foot usb made to spec should be in all of our draws to use as a baseline
USB cables need to be DATA only cables when used for music transfer .. the carrying power 5v is that limits the length!! my data only USB cable is 5 meters long from server to DAC and locks in ms!!

generally speaking USB is not a proper music signal transfer method being a lossy protocol.. a streamer is the best solution that uses LOSSLESS ethernet protocol..

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
USB cables need to be DATA only cables when used for music transfer .. the carrying power 5v is that limits the length!! my data only USB cable is 5 meters long from server to DAC and locks in ms!!

generally speaking USB is not a proper music signal transfer method being a lossy protocol.. a streamer is the best solution that uses LOSSLESS ethernet protocol..
you need a good interface in your dac exsample :jl sounds(xmos) or amanero combo, then you no longer need to transport 5 volts from the pc, which are usually very dirty.
they disrupt the data packet transport(music) then the cable used hardly plays a role.
be careful, some dacs need a ground signal from the pc to recognize the signal. a better power supply pc, streamer, server .... pays off there

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
How is it so far, are you making an A/B comparo ?

Thanks !
Unfortunately I moved my Mad Scientist Black Magic USB cable on, so cannot compare it to the the MS Black Magic Ultra.

Planning to evaluate it next week after 300 hours.
A friend has just received his, and says after 12 hours the ultra pulls away from the original with much more detail and soundstage.

Reactions: Miki70

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing