USB cable recommended?

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
That would be great! And the Excalibur at 1/10th the price to mix it up.

Southern Utah anyone with the Evo?

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I was of the thought that it might be easier for one of our London area members, but perhaps not

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
The Muon continues to settle in. At first it sounded really good. Then not so good. I'd walk into our audio room and think, wow, this sounds great, then the next song comes on and the sound is disjointed (for lack of a better word).

I wrote the vendor and he told me this was consistent with what others have reported. Patience is required. Yesterday it was an oh my goodness moment. How on earth can a USB cable create so much space. Wife simply cannot believe what this cable does.

After the first week I thought it would probably go back. Not any more however.

I'm at around 65 hours. Will report back at 125 hours.

Reactions: Devg

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
The Muon continues to settle in. At first it sounded really good. Then not so good. I'd walk into our audio room and think, wow, this sounds great, then the next song comes on and the sound is disjointed (for lack of a better word).

I wrote the vendor and he told me this was consistent with what others have reported. Patience is required. Yesterday it was an oh my goodness moment. How on earth can a USB cable create so much space. Wife simply cannot believe what this cable does.

After the first week I thought it would probably go back. Not any more however.

I'm at around 65 hours. Will report back at 125 hours.
What was the cost in US dollars for the cable?
Thanks

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
I usually do not promote in a thread, at least not directly:) Given the interest level relating to the effects USB cables have on performance, this seemed like a good time to do so.

Ozzy congrats on your Wire World cable!

We are the US importer for Westminster Lab. Some may have seen the tread "Reimagining Class A amplification" highlighting Westminster's unique Class A "Rei" mono-block amplifiers. Westminster quietly entered the high-end market 10 years ago when Angus, the company Founder, and Chief Engineer was attending university in the UK. It was there he developed Westminster's first product, a superb USB cable that has been in continuous development ever since.

Interestingly, Angus also works closely with Lumin and has extensive experience extracting the maximum performance from Lumin platforms. For his in-house reference, Angus uses MSB digital to develop Westminsters electronics. So much so he recently developed a special hybrid power cable exclusively for use with MSBs Reference and Select DACs and power supplies.

For those seeking edge-of-the-art USB cable performance, Westminster offers the "Ultra". For those seeking a top-class USB solution at a more affordable price, the "Standard". Both products feature Angus's unique application of solid-core construction using a special alloy with extensive and Vari-Twist cable geometry. For even lower noise and blacker background, a carbon fiber sleeve is available at a modest upcharge.

Our first loom of Standard cables will arrive in the US in approximately 3-4 weeks. Once run-in we will be sending them out for evaluation to WBF members that want to know more about Westminster products. Members interested in experiencing what these cables offer please DM me here. For general information on Westminster's cables please go to:

Pictured below are Westminster's USB cable sans carbon shield, as well as the carbon-shielded Hybrid Ultra DC umbilicus developed for use with MSB top-end digital players.

Thanks for listening everyone, much appreciated!

_ANG1238-USB_Ultra.jpg

_ANG1714-MSB_Hybrid.jpg

Last edited:

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Thanks for asking Micael. Pricing for the USB Standard cable is as follows:

1M: $1290
1.5 M: $1790

Longer lengths are available upon request.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Thanks for asking Micael. Pricing for the USB Standard cable is as follows:

1M: $1290
1.5 M: $1790

Longer lengths are available upon request.
Whoops - sorry. The $1500 quote was for the cost of the NA Muon cable not the WireWorld.

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Michael, sorry for missing the "h" in your name in my last reply:)

USB Stand USB
1 meter $1290 USD
1.5 meter$1790 USD

I am based in Southern, CA., and generally sip all Westminster products from this location.

Thanks.

Network Acoustics

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2022
UK
www.networkacoustics.com
Never did get a reply from Network Acoustics.

ozzy
Hi Ozzy, one of our customers just mentioned that they had spoken to you on here and that you had had trouble getting hold of us. We do sell direct into the US with free Fedex Priority shipping which normally takes 1-2 days and all products come with 30 day no quibble money back guarantee so you can try them in your own system at your leisure. I'm not sure how we missed your email, but if you drop us a line on info@networkacoustics.com i'll look out for your message and i'll personally come straight back to you. Best regards, Rob

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I have already bought some cables.
ozzy

Devg

Feb 16, 2020
Our first loom of Standard cables will arrive in the US in approximately 3-4 weeks. Once run-in we will be sending them out for evaluation to WBF members that want to know more about Westminster products. Members interested in experiencing what these cables offer please DM me here

Very interested.

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Very interested.
Hi Dev, would love you to have a listen! I assume you're interested in trying the Westminster Lab "Standard" USB? Please DM me your contact information, address, phone, etc. Would love to know what your system is as well. Many thanks!

Devg

Feb 16, 2020
Hi Dev, would love you to have a listen! I assume you're interested in trying the Westminster Lab "Standard" USB? Please DM me your contact information, address, phone, etc. Would love to know what your system is as well. Many thanks!
Gary, pm sent.

Devg

Feb 16, 2020
I’m also considering Sablon evo usb and NA Muon usb, appreciate any comment.

Not a direct reply to your question but I own the Sablon 2020 and the NA Eno USB (latest version) sounds better than the Sablon in all respect. There is a thread over at Agon where you might find more info and comparisons on NA products. I might be inclined to try the Muon usb.

Reactions: belancer

belancer

Sep 16, 2020
Not a direct reply to your question but I own the Sablon 2020 and the NA Eno USB (latest version) sounds better than the Sablon in all respect. There is a thread over at Agon where you might find more info and comparisons on NA products. I might be inclined to try the Muon usb.
Tks for your advice Devg.
I have a Sablon 2020 as well, it sounds detailed, and natural, the midrange is a little bit bloated, but overall, I'm happy with it. Just considering if anything is really better.

antigrunge

Jan 17, 2022
I have been experimenting with USB cables for more than 10 years. In all this time I have found nothing that beats Intona if you include their USB Isolator. In any case, Usb connections ideally should be no more than 1ft long and have a separately powered 5V lead if needed by the DAC

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I have been experimenting with USB cables for more than 10 years. In all this time I have found nothing that beats Intona if you include their USB Isolator. In any case, Usb connections ideally should be no more than 1ft long and have a separately powered 5V lead if needed by the DAC
I think Mark at Sablon might disagree about the optimal cable length...

Reactions: alecm and alfa100

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing