Triton v3, isolation, footers

Trentero

Oct 18, 2019
Hello,

I am a long-time reader, first-time poster. I recently purchased a Triton and I hope someone can offer some advice on isolation.

For example, are you using additional isolation? I have read that the Triton incorporates many anti-resonance properties so that additional platforms, etc are unnecessary. Are you using additional isolation anyway?

And if so, what are you using? The Triton comes with SSF-50 feet, which look pretty impressive. Has anyone switched them out with Stillpoints, for example? Any difference? Have you tried isolation platforms?

Right now my rack space is depleted, so the Triton is sitting on a large thick bamboo cutting board with three squat brass spikes that don't quite penetrate the carpet. I don't hear any need for improvement, but I'm curious to know how people have been experimenting.

Thanks much for your advice.

T

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Prior to the v3 Triton, Hydras and Tritons work with hard and/or metal cones or Stillpoints type devices. The Triton v3 has footers designed for it - just place the unit on a solid surface. Remove your brass spikes. Shunyata prefer their own footers vs Stillpoints.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
While the Triton v3 has better footers than before, I use Mapleshade Micropoint Brass footers under mine. I like only having three footers in contact with the rack, and they lift it up enough to make cleaning under it easy. Plus it sounds great.

https://www.mapleshadestore.com/brassfooters.php

Trentero

Oct 18, 2019
Thanks, guys. I probably should remove the brass cones. I read an earlier post where Caelin strongly warned against spikes.

crion

Oct 29, 2014
I'm using HRS footers and weights on top. These were much more important before in Triton V2 which was undamped basically. With the Triton V3 I could probably remove some of the HRS weights but they are there for now.

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
I had originally purchased the optional SSF-50 feet for my Triton V1 when they became available years ago. When I upgraded the Triton V1 to the V3, the unit was shipped back with new feet. I called Richard Rogers at Shunyata who told me to use the new feet on the V3, and use the older SSF-50 feet on another component, which I did, on a Innuos Zenith V2 streamer. Nice.

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
A nice reasonable cost performance enhancing option to place beneath the Triton v3 is the Acoustic Revive RST-38H (available on ebay typically for about 50-60% of retail new)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing