Toward a Better WBF…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they really? I think most of the members here regularly talk up products here that are a good value. You have Mike talking about CS Port tables, Ron talking about the Baltic 4 sounding better than dCS (he’s wrong of course but we still love him ;)), and the horn guys talking up some relatively affordable speakers.
Actually a lot of people agree with Ron...myself included about the Lampizator DACs. Practically all the audiophiles around me use Lampizator and at least all but one use tube DACs (I use Ayon as do two other friends but at least 5 other friends use Lampizator)...the lone holdout has DCS Vivaldi Apex.

Ron talking about the Baltic 4 sounding better than dCS (he’s wrong of course but we still love him ;)

I believe that I have never suggested this as a statement of fact or as a matter of general applicability or as any kind of objective truth. I believe that I limit explicitly my view on this to the idiosyncrasy of my own ears. I invariably write something like "Lampizator just works for me." (emphasis added)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokey77 and Lee
I believe that I have never suggested this as a statement of fact or as a matter of general applicability or as any kind of objective truth. I believe that I limit explicitly my view on this to the idiosyncrasy of my own ears. I invariably write something like "Lampizator just works for me." (emphasis added)
That's fine. I was joking around hence the ;)

The advance of the Wilson Audio medium speaker was not just the use of the Alnico, but the way the magnetic material was used. The magnetic structure was researched and simulated using advanced CAD techniques. Surely the marketing wisely focus on the Alnico - it is what people will remember easily!

People now focus on ChatGPT, but forget that we are in the century of the simulation in Engineering.
Yes, just like the finite element analysis used in the Continuum turntables and others.

Actually a lot of people agree with Ron...myself included about the Lampizator DACs. Practically all the audiophiles around me use Lampizator and at least all but one use tube DACs (I use Ayon as do two other friends but at least 5 other friends use Lampizator)...the lone holdout has DCS Vivaldi Apex.
I like the Lampizator DACs as well but not as much the Rossini Apex or Vivaldi Apex with a clock. I may be more sensitive to the linearity of DACs where dCS excels these days.

I had the pleasure of visiting Ron this past week to hear his great system. I commented to Ron at the time that I preferred his digital sound ( Baltic4) to his inexpensive Denon turntable. Let’s see what happens when the Balance arrives but in the interim Ron’s digital was an eye opener for me

Lee have you had any succes yet while starting this thread lol
Microstrip and he are chatting cordially patting each other on the back about Wilson and dCS.

I dont really want to get involved in this as I don't see this ever changing however I will make one obvious statement here.

There are members here that keep saying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I believe that this is the major cause of the unpleasant exchanges.

I dont really want to get involved in this as I don't see this ever changing however I will make one obvious statement here.

There are members here that keep saying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I believe that this is the major cause of the unpleasant exchanges.
I agree E

its always passive aggressive statements such as this that I put members in my ignore list

Microstrip and he are chatting cordially patting each other on the back about Wilson and dCS.
statements such as these soft lobs at a member serve only to incite IMHO

Reactions: Pokey77 and Lee
I had the pleasure of visiting Ron this past week to hear his great system. I commented to Ron at the time that I preferred his digital sound ( Baltic4) to his inexpensive Denon turntable. Let’s see what happens when the Balance arrives but in the interim Ron’s digital was an eye opener for me
I think you mean ear opener Steve.

Reactions: Daverich4
Really Ked.....your comments about micro strip has pervaded every thread in which you participate. I see these as passive aggressive comments meant to put a member down in ways that you seem to find amusing. here have continued for years
the OP started it

Reactions: Lee
Really Ked.....your comments about micro strip has pervaded every thread in which you participate. I see these as passive aggressive comments meant to put a member down in ways that you seem to find amusing. here have continued for years

no Steve, look at his passive aggressive and aggressive comments to me and others. Sorry, I am ignoring your implied moderation. I can understand your bias ignoring Lee’s passive aggressive first post

I know from talking to Wilson that everything has gotten much more expensive to produce from cabinet materials to machined parts to the pearl paints to capacitor. I am sure there have been some economies of scale but every loudspeaker manufacturer has seen price increases commensurate with Wilson.

Unless we have details about the bill of materials, shipping, and distribution costs that face Wilson, it’s folly to make a judgement on the fairness of pricing here. We don’t know the number of speakers Wilson makes on a historical basis so how can we reliably judge economies of scale.

Perhaps you can ask Wilson how many speakers they used to make in the 70s, 80's, 90's compared to now and how manufacturing for 35+ years has enabled them to lower costs - or not .

I am sure a journalistic story around this would be very interesting for many people.

no Steve, look at his passive aggressive and aggressive comments to me and others. Sorry, I am ignoring your implied moderation.
I don't moderate at all so please get that straight. I am giving you my impressions of what I read. as a member here. The facts speak for themselves. If you feel so strongly why don't you ignore him then other than chipping these snide comments. I posted today only because of the topic which interested me. after reading several posts the thread has become what E stated. These are no win situations and I just don't get why people post something offensive to make a point

no Steve, look at his passive aggressive and aggressive comments to me and others. Sorry, I am ignoring your implied moderation. I can understand your bias ignoring Lee’s passive aggressive first post

How was a polite call for more civility passive aggressive? I praised the forum as a whole.

I don't moderate at all so please get that straight. I am giving you my impressions of what I read. as a member here. The facts speak for themselves. If you feel so strongly why don't you ignore him then other than chipping these snide comments. I posted today only because of the topic which interested me. after reading several posts the thread has become what E stated. These are no win situations and I just don't get why people post something offensive to make a point

i understand your nudges. I will respect them when I see them towards micro, and especially Lee and other such members

i understand your nudges. I will respect them when I see them towards micro, and especially Lee and other such members
I feel conciliatory changes would really go a long way to improving things. I believe as E says, "it is the same people saying the same thing hoping for a different result.I believe Lee had good intentions and meant no offense to anyone. I really believe if we all paused before we hit the post button and ask ourselves if our post is informational or inciteful. Every member here brings something different to the table. I believe opinions are just that and as the saying goes "rchallenge the post and not the poster"this would be the single biggest improvement here but alas, I feel I am pipe dreaming. We all hear differently and we all have different systems and we therefore bring something different to the table. Because someone disagrees with that premise is no reason for someone to post a mean comment. To me it shines badly on the poster and many times results in online fighting. Surely we are all grown men and are talking about a hobby that which we all enjoy. Different strokes for different folks IMO is no reason. to crap on that person. There are better ways to disagree and when done I believe comments such as the ones I just made would hopefully go away. And once again these are just my thoughts and have zero to do with moderation as I have no idea what the mods are moderating. Ron and I are never consulted as we have complete confidence in our mods.

i appreciate micro's Wilson love, but also Ked's Wilson 'not-love'. and the wider implications and dot connecting from both sides. there is no wrong position. or higher truth. it will continue to be an undercurrent and cause a degree of alignment going forward. just like dCS and Lampi, and others.

all it is is a little Monday morning jousting. nothing serious. this is a place we don't have to act like grown men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing