TotalDac D1 Seven

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Astrostar59, did you got my answer in private message ?!

Yes, thank you. That reply from Baby Bear was a reply to my question on Agon back in August. It is good to get some more impressions. I can post soon with some of my own.

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
I all...
and so Iamrael, some news about your last stunning source !!!

Be well

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
Oups.

Last edited:

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
Happy Thanksgiving,

TotalDAC Seven arrived yesterday late afternoon. Took me easily over an hour to reorganize my racks (I know cause my wife kept asking when i was going to finish), and once I got everything wired up and powered on........BAZAAM! No really....first few notes sounded fantastic. I dont have an AES/EBU cable yet, so I am using a Mogami XLR interconnect I had laying around. I have Tidal streaming through the SOtM>Totaldac Reclocker> Totaldac D1 Seven> ARC Ref 6>D'agastino S-250>Apogee Duetta. I am going to let that continue playing through the night. Since we're hosting dinner tonight I will have to sneak out to get a hit every now and then (of music) but will get a good listen tomorrow.

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Enjoy :cool:

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
cool iamrael...
and you'll see after a few days, it will get better and better, amazing !

and for information, after a lot of try, Bibacord's AES-EBU works extremely well between reclocker and seven, I have the same.
it is quite expensive but it is also quite perfect musically.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Where did you hear the Aries? Was it the Kassandra Ref II.

It was in Babybear's system; he lives 15 minutes from me and we're audio buds :)

I agree with the snippet posted. To my ears the Aqua sounds more like TotalDAC than Aries. Keep in mind - they all sound excellent, we're talking preferences and synergy more than anything.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Congrats iamrael, that must sound fantastic. With break - in and better cables it'll only get better...

Gemini

Oct 14, 2015
Germany
To my ears the Aqua sounds more like TotalDAC than Aries. Keep in mind - they all sound excellent, we're talking preferences and synergy more than anything.

In a nutshell, where would you see the differences of Aqua/TotalDac versus Aries?

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
Sounding mighty fine!

Yes ! indeed spent yesterday, with Vincent Brient and some friends for the installation of these d150 speakers at home and we still could appreciate all these qualities sublimated by these little horns !

he makes some amazing DACs, these new speakers are not bad either!

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
In a nutshell, where would you see the differences of Aqua/TotalDac versus Aries?

It's hard to compare all three since I haven't heard the Aqua on any system other than my own, but I did hear the Aries and TotalDAC on the same system and the Aries on another system. First, they are all fantastic DACs. That said here are the high - level key attributes and key difference to my ears:

- TD12 - slightly more fleshed mids than Formula, about on par with Aries.
- Aries - most muscular sounding, bold sound but a tad more compressed vs. TD12
- Formula - most 3d sound stage, ethereal would be a good descriptor. Formula makes cones sound almost like Omnis

YMM certainly V..

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
Hi all,
"small" comparison yesterday with Totaldac 12, 7, 6 and some friends and apart from saying that all are already doing beautiful music,
I can also declare that the 12 remains the magician of the team, that the 6 stays a little behind but that the surprising 7 claims a lot of this kind of magic, this extra form of relaxation, freedom of expression that makes you think that music is so easy ... and invites you to the "letting go" experience.

In short, very very good stuff but with the best!

Be well.

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
et hop! some little pictures of my system

IMG_5282.jpg

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
oups

Attachments

• IMG_5282.jpg
    IMG_5282.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_5310.jpg
    IMG_5310.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 713

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
Thank sbo6 and its plays not so bad!

the game, the life of a small system, the power and the eloquence of a bigger one ... while maintaining a superb coherence with this ability to play also at very low volume!
The balance of contrasts like the music itself. And I'm waiting now, for a Sub with EASpeakers TD18H + with appolo upgrade, the filtering of this extreme low is already integrated in my speakers... let's go for this first octave !

i'm also try some speakers cable to definitly complete my case and for now the best is, by far, the Echole ORIUS ! even more presence and intentions in the music ... so stunning but the most expensive too... it is not fair !

and that's all.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Vincent sent a demo Totaldac Seven dac to the Totaldac dealer in Hong Kong.
New and unused, still got protective plastic sheets on it.
Initial impression is that it has much bigger authority and dynamics than the Six, but definitely needs much burn-in before we can give it a more detailed evaluation.

Totaldac Seven at Volent HK 1-2018.jpg

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Vincent sent a demo Totaldac Seven dac to the Totaldac dealer in Hong Kong.
New and unused, still got protective plastic sheets on it.
Initial impression is that it has much bigger authority and dynamics than the Six, but definitely needs much burn-in before we can give it a more detailed evaluation.

View attachment 38061

any update post-burn-in?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing