The US government’s recent UFO investigations

Are the UFOs in these videos man-made or extra-terrestrial?

• Man-made (e.g., U.S. military)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Extra-terrestrial (e.g., aliens)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Oct 30, 2017
USA
May 25, 2010
SF Bay Area
There are lots of secret military devices that even other military don't know about. They often have advanced technologies - like the stealth aircraft which are essentially invisible to radar. Many UFO sighting were of military rockets or aircraft that the military would deny having any activity in the area. The famous Roswell incident was one such early military balloon back in the late '40's.

What I would be extremely skeptical of is anyone, including experienced pilots, stating that the object appeared to violate the laws of physics! Remember Einstein first published his special theory of relativity (dealing with objects travelling near the speed of light) only a short time after the Wright Bros flew a few hundred feet at Kittyhawk. Arthur C. Clark said that a sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Back when I was a student, we used photographic emulsions to capture very faint objects. Kodak had developed them for extremely low light cameras for the military and then when they were declassified, let astronomers use them. Someone told me at the time that if they had access to new emulsions (like those that took pictures of the missiles in Cuba in the early '60's, we could have much better photographs than what we could then have. Same with optical systems.

Larry

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Oh I believe him too, but he knows that what he saw he cannot explain either.
That's what I meant by being evasive, as no one can explain and hard to understand.

It makes for different kind of entertainment news, but for me I'd rather read about the United Nations and serious stuff.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 26, 2015
Eastern WA
It is reasonably to assume the military would have interest in being able to have high speed missiles that appear to turn 90* on a dime. What better way to confuse those monitoring and that may or may not have missile defense?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . .

It makes for different kind of entertainment news, but for me I'd rather read about the United Nations and serious stuff.
Perhaps you mean the United Nations or serious stuff? :D

Feb 8, 2011
Perhaps you mean the United Nations or serious stuff? :D
It's Christmas 2017 and after few thousand years they still don't remember exactly where it happened and they have to vote on it. Democracy is good, in times of turbulence...and drama.

Good stuff they don't vote on UFOs...

Canada abstains. "Only real work, not bullying or vitriol, can lead to peace."

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Ron Resnick

Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Jeez, can someone just tell them it is just a couple of high priced turntables?

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
That is an interesting thing. Even if we start with the Nimitz incident in 2004 that means it has been 15 years with only benign intent from these things.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing