The Upgrade Company

Bottom line is simple...if one perceives there to be a difference, then there is a difference. It shouldn't matter if others don't perceive it and others shouldn't demand or expect that he prove it. Everyone is free to follow their own path and there is no right or wrong.

Let me restate that from my perspective: Bottom line is simple...if you perceive there to be a difference, then there is a difference for you. Everyone is free to follow his own path. Just don't tell me that I am wrong if I do not hear it or if I can demonstrate that it does not exist.

Kal (not a psychologist but familiar with the human brain)

Let me restate that from my perspective: Bottom line is simple...if you perceive there to be a difference, then there is a difference for you. Everyone is free to follow his own path. Just don't tell me that I am wrong if I do not hear it or if I can demonstrate that it does not exist.

Kal (not a psychologist but familiar with the human brain)

I'd agree with that. Well put! Different sentence structure, but essentially what I said.

Or better yet, demonstrate that the person who perceives the difference can't really hear it either.

Guess that makes us no different than those who loook at graphs and specs and conclude "it must be" just because the picture tells them so.:p

They do resist.

Well I guess you are the Borg and the rest of us are The Federation. Not going too well for you guys is it?

That's ludicrous, John. :p

Where's the "fart" emoticon? LOL.

It's all good Jeff.

I'm leaving this party for a bit...got me some new vinyl to listen to!

Where's the "fart" emoticon? LOL.

It's all good Jeff.

I'm leaving this party for a bit...got me some new vinyl to listen to!
smiley-farts.gif

Perhaps I am exchanging posts with someone who is concerned they might have?

Come back to me when you've done 20+yrs of scientific research. Then we can talk about standards.

Stating preference on a forum is one thing. Trying to shift someone else's opinion or personal beliefs is another. Trying to prove something that cannot be proved (either for or against) is equally futile.

Lee

Stating preference on a forum is one thing. Trying to shift someone else's opinion or personal beliefs is another.
It depends on how the effort is made. I think that trying, respectfully, to explain and convince someone is, imho, OK.

Trying to prove something that cannot be proved (either for or against) is equally futile.
Ah but now we have the issue of whether something can be proved and that, either way, is a matter of fact, not opinion.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing