The Tres Amigos Ride Again-An Ongoing Saga----The Tres are Now Quattro Amigos

Thursday-Saving the best for last-meet the 4th Amigo Jack Duavit (JackD201)

Jack and I have been good friends for at least 10 years when he and his brother Jim visited me whenI lived in Northern California. Jack and Jim live in Manila.

Three years ago Cathy and I met Jack in Hong Kong where we attended the Hong Kong Audio show and then back to Manila where I stayed with him for 5 days hearing all of the great system in Manila. I've gone on record that Jim's system is the finest in the galaxy. I have seen and heard nothing better as his system is an eye and ear stopper. Jack's system has changed recently with the addition of his Ultra 11's as well as an all Ch Precision front and back end

Jack called me 3 weeks ago thinking he was going to visit me with his wife but the week he had in mind was the very week we were in NY. After telling Jack, his reply was, " see you in New York"

and see us he did. We spent the entire day together as we toured the MoMA where I bought what I consider the perfect light for my sound room

https://whatsbestforum.com/threads/...-of-steve-williams.10535/page-111#post-604297

Reactions: Al M. and Folsom
After the inauguration of the newest Amigo we celebrated at a local restaurant before we took in our final show

En Masse at Lincoln Center. This show was also superb involving 6 guys and 4 gals all doing circus dance. What they could do with their bodies was amazing

we returned back to New Jersey after the show as we were catching a morning plane back to SoCal

In summary, the saga of the Tres and now quattro amigos is never ending. It has taken us all over the world where new and longstanding friendships have been made

To me this is why this hobby is not only "all about the music" but so also the journey and all of the friendships made along the way

My hat is again off to Marty and Lisa for being the ultimate hosts. We had a jam packed 3 days with never a dull moment

Marty's system continues to rank in my all time favorites but this time he has taken it to another level. If you are in his neck of the woods and want to hear a world class system contact him. Marty will show you an amazing sound system with both power as well as finesse

We missed the installation of Russ' system by 2 days and I know Leif and Damon are there until Monday so I am anxiously awaiting his report on his new system but Have included a first picture sent to me by Leif

And finally to be able to spend a day with Jack and Margie with the 4 of us made the trip even more memorable

I value the time and friendships with the 3 of you. It brings a smile to my face whenever we get together and this is what makes life fun. The hobby for me is more than "it is all about the music"

As we said goodbye to Jack and Margie, Jack promised he will be visiting me next sumer. I look forward to that as well as showing him around SoCal

So goodbye to the Tres Amigos and welcome the Quattro Amigos

This thread is now open and I will reduce the size of the final pix tomorrow so that I can upload them

It's almost too bad Jack joined because you could have starting saying, "The Three MDigos."

Great stuff Steve, thx for sharing.

Reactions: the sound of Tao
Hi Marty,how are you?
Beautiful system and fantastic big house,i think many rooms.

So next year i know where go for holidays

Hi Marty,how are you?
Beautiful system and fantastic big house,i think many rooms.

So next year i know where go for holidays

Gian
The invitation is always open. Our Italian food may not compare with what you have regularly at home, but there will be enough Italian wine to keep you happy. :)
Marty

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing