The New Acoustical System A*STELLAR turntable

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Thomas , 3 coming to Malaysia . Unfortunately it’s not mine but I will have the opportunity to listen to it . Happy days are here again
Looks like a very well executed design......

bk16

Jul 16, 2017
Has anyone heard this new tt or seen reviews of it?
Wondering the same here in Australia. Very keen to find out more details/real user experience of this TT. And would love to hear any opinions about the brand in general please. Could"t find much info about this TT online.

Thanks

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i know dealers who have it on order, but there has been no evidence of a working unit yet, or any production units. this is feedback within the last few weeks.

the product itself certainly looks promising.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: XV-1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
i know dealers who have it on order, but there has been no evidence of a working unit yet, or any production units. this is feedback within the last few weeks.

the product itself certainly looks promising.

All the photos of the turntable in the past 18 months are not real?

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K and bonzo75

bk16

Jul 16, 2017
Based on the very limited info online(YT) and the designer’s presentation I was extremely impressed. Being a totally newby in the analog world I was so drawn into the engineering execution and building concept of this turntable and would put my money down to get one as my first and LAST turntable :)

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
All the photos of the turntable in the past 18 months are not real?
the Astella was on my radar a year ago when i bought the Esoteric. same basic price point, and could handle 4 tone arms. if i would have had listening feedback and access to purchasing at that time the Astella might have been my choice. i could still see owning it at some point. lots of great ideas in it.

no question whether it's real, but since no one has heard it yet it's just a promise.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Hope to listen to it this sat.
alex, fly in to Malaysia

Attachments

• IMG_2146.jpeg
    IMG_2146.jpeg
    509.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 16d95e32-8fc3-46a2-ae6a-ef6f9f8773f9.jpeg
    16d95e32-8fc3-46a2-ae6a-ef6f9f8773f9.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 9a933912-a6e8-486d-9fca-58e89eea70e5.jpeg
    9a933912-a6e8-486d-9fca-58e89eea70e5.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 83

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
I was given assurances that my shipment would be dispatched on the 28th of November. However, the units must first undergo a 'wear in' process for the motor and bearings. Dietrich has kindly requested that I extend my patience a little longer until the units are fully run in and tested. Therefore, I anticipate that my order will depart from the factory within the forthcoming week.

• Wow
Reactions: bk16 and howiebrou

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I remember reading Dietrich write about the importance of a very massive platter with slippage from the belt or thread drive being important to minimize the influence of the motor on the platter. I wonder if this thinking is incorporated in this new turntable. I also wonder if the motor is mounted on the base layer for isolation from the magnetically levitated platter and pneumatically levitated arm platform. It is interesting hat he uses both magnets and air for isolation rather than one approach for both the platter and arm platform?

There is a lot of mass to the design but that mass is broken up by the different layers of isolation. The footprint is really quite large. I will be curious to read impressions of its sound as they start to come in. I would think there would be a few completed turntables in Germany.

With the Nagra, the Esoteric, TechDAS, the new SME, the OMA K3, and SAT, there are quite some choices at this expensive level.

Reactions: Johan K and bk16

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
During the Warschau Hifi Show in Poland one A:Stellar was playing on Demo, being used from their local distributor RCM

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I was given assurances that my shipment would be dispatched on the 28th of November. However, the units must first undergo a 'wear in' process for the motor and bearings. Dietrich has kindly requested that I extend my patience a little longer until the units are fully run in and tested. Therefore, I anticipate that my order will depart from the factory within the forthcoming week.
Well the Malaysian purchaser paid in full 1 year in advance . He was pissed . Now he is happy . So good luck to u

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing