The best amps ever made!

Dale Pitcher

Industry Expert
Mar 11, 2014
Torrington, WY & Boseman, MT
Duane, you are grovelling too much. In all fairness, I should mention a couple of things.

Duane has represented products that I have designed and manufactured myself, or in collaboration with others, for probably over 20 years; starting with Essence (he sold at least 6 pairs of Amethyst 10 loudspeakers-which ended up at over $40,000 in the final incarnation, more Essence amps than I can remember - a number of them fairly expensive, and a ton of lesser expensive Essence gear), and moving on to selling the products of several other companies for which I was the director of engineering.

Essence Electro Acoustics, by the way, was the last company (except Mosaic Audio cables) in which I had ownership. I now have started Mosaic Acoustics, which displayed its' first products at WCES - the Illumination and Lumen loudspeakers @ $19,850 and $9850; and Theorem Science - which will be making the Suspension Bridge, anticipated to sell for about $20,000 (hopefully out yet this year). Andrew Gear has one of the two of these currently in existence outside of my lab.

So my relationship with Duane has been in place for a long time. Over the years I have come to trust him highly, and at various times have confided in him the background and nature of a number of aspects in my designs - I even confided in him one of the core technologies of how the Theorem Suspension Bridge works. I've not confided that in anyone else, not even most of the people working with me on this project.

Just information.

Regards,

Dale Pitcher

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing