TechDas Air Force One

The one thing that has me a bit concerned about this table is it's relatively complex construction/function design and I wonder how will it be getting service should something fail (the air system for example) down the road say 4 or 5 years from now....:confused:

The construction and connections inside the table itself look bullet proof. What would most likely fail is the motor amplifier/pump box and that is in a separate chassis. Should that happen, it would seem pretty routine to send that part off to TechDAS. Same for the motor pod.

i'm not worry about this kind of problem . if the techdas is run out out business in next 30 year . Fr air pump we can use fish air pump like the old micro seiki . for motor , the worst case we can use any motor like motor for VPI ,acoustic signature ,

by the way my ton of old micro seiki still can repair and used until now even though it 30 year old now . for techdas with 2012 technology , how long do you wish to use ? 20- 30 -40 then you die and let you grand son used it !!!!

and you have to maintenance 2-3 year like putting oil on baring . clean some air filter , clean air chamber in side platter to protect dust to air pump . for my AF1 i put in line small air filter to keep air pump clean

Attachments

• fr_1720_size880.jpg
    fr_1720_size880.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 863
  • fr_2090_size880.jpg
    fr_2090_size880.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 940
  • fr_2810_size880.jpg
    fr_2810_size880.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,004
284716527.jpg

Picture show the Simon Yorke Aeroarm at £12'.
This is a no tonal character tonearm.

Aeroarm and AF1 could maybe be an exceptional combination?

After you are done playing a record you can give yourself an appendectomy... is it me or does this look like a piece of surgical equipment?

This looks like the one Paskinn heard with the Rockport, SME 30/12 and Continuum (on left?) that he mentions in the Rockport thread. Must be a very strong glass shelf. Is that the new Graham Elite mounted in back? It's a great angle because it shows to me for the first time how that right corner is cantilevered out in space. The turntable plinth must be extremely rigid to support that outboard weight plus the light touch of the user when pushing the control buttons. Great photo, thanks.

No, I heard one with a 12inch Durand. The Cobra seems an interesting arm.BTW, I think the first, historic, use of the cantilevered board was perhaps on the Thorens 124 where special 'outrigger' board were offered. Very neat they looked too..
I'm surprised that such boards haven't been offered more often. They can make smaller decks far more versatile. Mind you, SME decided that instead of an outrigger they would make whole new 12inch decks....no shortcuts there, but far greater cost of course. That green glass shelf comes from an Italian stand, whose name I have forgotten for now.
Actually, I can see that the picture is of a display by the UK Distributor, Absolute Sounds, who handles Tech Das and Continuum (and that Koetsu on the arm).

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=634370979922443

new cartridge DUO solo . my sonic lab Gold signature and Phasemation PP 1000

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=634370979922443[/video]

I would not have thought anyone would dare to do this with a $100K+ turntable and $10K cartridge. Incredible. I guess they are more resilient than I give them credit for. What about belt stretch or cantilever damage?

Has anyone compared the MSL Gold Signature to the Air Tight Supreme?

I would not have thought anyone would dare to do this with a $100K+ turntable and $10K cartridge. Incredible. I guess they are more resilient than I give them credit for. What about belt stretch or cantilever damage?

Has anyone compared the MSL Gold Signature to the Air Tight Supreme?

It is very odd watching something like that, but he obviously has a DJ slip mat underneath, with the vacuum shut off. As for the torturing of the cantalever he can afford a new one if he chooses to continue beating on them like that.

Pics of the AF1 seem to be mushrooming everywhere and here I am with mine in their crates for almost two weeks now. I can't wait to get home!

Love the AF1 DJ vids! Also love the AF1 alter in the middle of the room... you get to bow to the AF1 each time you play a record.

The owner must do Yoga, Tai Chi or Kung Fu. I'd throw out my back if I did that. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing