Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

I think I have the same problem as David.

Attachments

• IMG_0552.png
    IMG_0552.png
    168.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: dminches
I have connected with the iPad, within the TaikoAudio network. I don't know if that can be done like that.

I have connected with the iPad, within the TaikoAudio network. I don't know if that can be done like that.

That’s how i did it too. I wil try it with my laptop.

FWIW, I just did the update via my PC (I do have the port forwarding set on my router, so I can access the router via192.168.1.171) and everything went smoothly....

FWIW, I just did the update via my PC (I do have the port forwarding set on my router, so I can access the router via192.168.1.171) and everything went smoothly....

did any of your personalized changes go back to default?

did any of your personalized changes go back to default?
I got confirmation on this: the Personalized settings remain untouched.

You should be able to do it with any device that has a browser and can connect to Taiko Wi-Fi. I did it with an iPad myself.

I think I have the same problem as David.
The word FIRMWARE in grey means the update has not yet been retrieved.

First, please try refreshing the browser window.

You can also try to click the update button again to trigger it, wait a while, and click again. Please do not click many times in a row.

Dear all, I'm calling it a day with respect to the updates. We're back at it first thing tomorrow morning!

Reactions: Taiko Audio
Emile installed the most recent XDMS update/Roon patch early Monday am.

Listened this evening after leaving system on since Sunday evening.

The only thing left to say, other than expressing gratitude to Emile and the Taiko team, is what the normally unflappable professional golfer Ernie Els said after seeing Tiger Woods hit an amazing wedge shot 190 yards at the third round of the 2000 Bridgestone Invitational out of a very nasty lie in very thick rough with two big red oaks overhanging the from of the green, and lands the ball on the green: “F**k Me!” ;)
But how do you really feel?

Steve Z

Only one way to find out :)
I took a cheap netgear gs105 switch, connected it to the unused Taiko supplied 12V wall wart (better than the wall wart which came with the Netgear) and powered it from an prehistoric Orange Filter (transformer + filter, quite a brickwall to emi), not to pollute mains. I let it warm up 12 hours.
Then I put it into service AFTER the Swisscom box, to feed only tv and wife’s home office instead of the Ediscreation Switch.
Neither of both switches in music‘s pathway.

Bass depth and dynamics got lost.

Back in went the Ediscreation, out with Netgear. Better.
Not a world of a difference but easily heard.
Groan. Still, a slight lack of attack, excitement, big scale dynamics, but a wonderful organic, simply „right“ reproduction.
Well, hopefully the Ediscreation silent switch extreme in this place, will also improve tv picture and outcome of my wife‘s oncological studies …

I have a nagging feeling that I will have to repeat this nonsense after arrival of Taiko router & dcd.
These are supposed to get shipped this week.
Meanwhile, I do enjoy music.

Installed the Taiko router firmware update just now. No issues -- it went smoothly though I did have to refresh my browser window at the end of the process and log back in since my laptop reverted back to my home wifi broadcast when the Taiko router rebooted.

Thanks for alerting us to the new firmware.

Steve Z

I took a cheap netgear gs105 switch, connected it to the unused Taiko supplied 12V wall wart (better than the wall wart which came with the Netgear) and powered it from an prehistoric Orange Filter (transformer + filter, quite a brickwall to emi), not to pollute mains. I let it warm up 12 hours.
Then I put it into service AFTER the Swisscom box, to feed only tv and wife’s home office instead of the Ediscreation Switch.
Neither of both switches in music‘s pathway.

Bass depth and dynamics got lost.

Back in went the Ediscreation, out with Netgear. Better.
Not a world of a difference but easily heard.
Groan. Still, a slight lack of attack, excitement, big scale dynamics, but a wonderful organic, simply „right“ reproduction.
Well, hopefully the Ediscreation silent switch extreme in this place, will also improve tv picture and outcome of my wife‘s oncological studies …

I have a nagging feeling that I will have to repeat this nonsense after arrival of Taiko router & dcd.
These are supposed to get shipped this week.
Meanwhile, I do enjoy music.
Oh, something else.
Slightly disappointing results? Yes.
Little Netgear 105 was disconnected from all lan cables, but still connected to Taiko wall wart, which was still plugged into Orange filter, still plugged into mains.
Removed Netgear, unplugged Orange filter from wall socket.

Dynamics back, much deeper bass again, more 3D. All what I had missed, back here again.
EMF? Polluting mains?
Whatever. Great sound now.
I would like to understand these odd findings.

This happened to me as well. Here is what I did:

Restarted the router: System --> Reboot
After the router reboots, connect to the Taiko Audio WiFi again and login to the router and try the "Check Update" again.
Thanks Nenon. It worked!!

This happened to me as well. Here is what I did:

Restarted the router: System --> Reboot
After the router reboots, connect to the Taiko Audio WiFi again and login to the router and try the "Check Update" again.

I did and I got the same error. I will try again later.

As the listening after the update continues, and I keep experiencing a consistent improvement all across the board, I'd like to stress how especially remarkable is the benefit of bass presentation.

The improvement is definitely of the extent of a transducer (headphones in my case) upgrade. Not only it digs deeper, but the definition, rise and decay control are enhanced at the same time.

Impressive stuff, although I have no clue how this can be?

And speaking about veils being lifted ...

1701201716490.png

Taiko
My router/DCD is presumably being shipped this week (order #87919). Will the router update already be installed or do I have to do the update after I receive the unit? (Obviously my preference is to have it installed prior to shipping).
Thanks
Marty

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing