Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
And now this ………..

Shipment is out with courier for delivery, Tracking Code: 9 9 1 1 7 9 9 6 6 0​

October, 02 2023 08:36 Local time, SANTA ANA, CA - USA
Origin Service Area : AMSTERDAM - NETHERLANDS, THE

Destination Service Area : SANTA ANA, CA - USA

DW101

Feb 20, 2022
Look forward to hearing your thoughts! Mine was picked up by DHL today, and their delivery estimate is 12th October.. :(
I don't *recall* being cheap with the shipping options, but maybe I was.. doh!

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I recommend switching to Roon before inserting the Router. Roon discovery works through the router using your home Wi-Fi. This allows you to do a comparison using your home Wi-Fi versus the Router's build in Wi-Fi.

Perhaps superfluous but XDMS will need a reboot after Router insertion to register it's new IP-address as it will be assigned a new address by the Router's DHCP server.

Steve Williams

I recommend switching to Roon before inserting the Router. Roon discovery works through the router using your home Wi-Fi. This allows you to do a comparison using your home Wi-Fi versus the Router's build in Wi-Fi.

Perhaps superfluous but XDMS will need a reboot after Router insertion to register it's new IP-address as it will be assigned a new address by the Router's DHCP server.
The Pearl of the day.
thanks for the advice

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Look forward to hearing your thoughts! Mine was picked up by DHL today, and their delivery estimate is 12th October.. :(
I don't *recall* being cheap with the shipping options, but maybe I was.. doh!

We only have one shipping option for DHL afaik, I assume this is merely an estimate, but feel free to reach out to support@taikoaudio.com to verify.

Reactions: ctydwn and DW101

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Starting to rain routers! Excited for you all. Out of town until the 24th so had to delay my shipment (router + distributor) but I’ll be eager to learn any tips or tweaks from the initial, intrepid crew as this next chapter has begun.

I can only imagine the sense of anticipation Team Taiko has for all their latest mastery to go live globally/publicly.

Last edited:

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I haven't been able to get any tracking info from DHL except that it was picked up on the 29th

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Could some post a list of "what's in the box" for those orders that include the router and DC power distributor?"

I am most interested in what cables and adapters are included.

seatrope

Mar 9, 2017

@Taiko Audio emile, I’m a ways off before I get mine (ordered late through @LampiNA Fred) but will we lose the ability to reach the Extreme through other subnets in our house? Any guide to setting up very limited IPs from other subnets allowed access?

Steve Williams

We only have one shipping option for DHL afaik, I assume this is merely an estimate, but feel free to reach out to support@taikoaudio.com to verify.
Mine arrived a day earlier than expected. I found the key for me to facilitate the delivery today to pay the waybill as soon as I received it. I noticed that as soon as I paid it, the router left Los Angeles for Santa Ana and is now out for delivery. Further , there is a stipulation that if not paid in 5 days the shipment is returned to sender so everyone here in the USA pay your waybill as soon as you get it

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Mine arrived a day earlier than expected. I found the key for me to facilitate the delivery today to pay the waybill as soon as I received it. I noticed that as soon as I paid it, the router left Los Angeles for Santa Ana and is now out for delivery. Further , there is a stipulation that if not paid in 5 days the shipment is returned to sender so everyone here in the USA pay your waybill as soon as you get it

When did you get your waybill relative to when the box was shipped or did you get it once it landed in the US?

Steve Williams

I received the waybill at 0700 this morning. The shipment reached Los Angeles last night. I paid the bill 10 minutes later and I got notice 20 minutes later that my delivery was moved up to today and the package reached Santa Ana a few hours ago and is now out for delivery

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
FWIW, my unit arrived in Los Angeles last night and is now in Santa Ana and probable delivery today but possibly tomorrow. I was more than shocked at the minimal WayBill charges at customs. I thought we would be liable for $100's of dollars of import taxes. My waybill charge was $42

Im stoked and have cleared space on the shelf beside my switch and LPS. :cool:
Hi Steve.. are you using CMS footers for the Switch?

nenon

Jan 29, 2020
Chicago
For those installing the Taiko router:

First, switch to Roon (if you are using XDMS).
Then proceed with connecting the Taiko Router (and DC Distributor if you ordered one) per the instructions provided by Taiko.
And now the important last step: After everything is connected and powered up please unplug the cable from the Taiko Extreme to the Taiko switch for a few seconds and plug it back in. If it's easier, you can power off the Taiko switch for a few seconds and power it back on (that will do the same thing as unplugging the cable).
That last step will force the Extreme to refresh its IP address with a new one that comes from the Taiko router.

After you reconnect the cable (or restart the Taiko switch), Roon should be able to reconnect from your house wifi, and you can see the new IP address in Roon.
To see the IP Address in Roon, go to Settings --> General and look at the "Roon Core" section. Enjoy.

For more information on how to install the router, you can go to the Downloads section on the Taiko website and click on the Extreme Router Manual link. Or maybe there are printed instructions with the router... I am not sure as I haven't received mine yet.
Just make sure you switch to Roon first and disconnect / reconnect the network cable on your Extreme at the end.

And one more thing to cover:
Does your Taiko Extreme server have a static IP address? Extreme servers don’t come with a static IP address by default, so the question is - have you changed that? If you don’t know what I am talking about, then most likely it is safe to ignore this question.
However, if you have deliberately configured a static IP address on your Extreme, you will want to remove that and configure your Extreme to auto assign an IP address before you install the Taiko router.

(BTW, I cleared this with Emile before posting)

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
For those installing the Taiko router:

First, switch to Roon (if you are using XDMS).
Then proceed with connecting the Taiko Router (and DC Distributor if you ordered one) per the instructions provided by Taiko.
And now the important last step: After everything is connected and powered up please unplug the cable from the Taiko Extreme to the Taiko switch for a few seconds and plug it back in. If it's easier, you can power off the Taiko switch for a few seconds and power it back on (that will do the same thing as unplugging the cable).
That last step will force the Extreme to refresh its IP address with a new one that comes from the Taiko router.

After you reconnect the cable (or restart the Taiko switch), Roon should be able to reconnect from your house wifi, and you can see the new IP address in Roon.
To see the IP Address in Roon, go to Settings --> General and look at the "Roon Core" section. Enjoy.

For more information on how to install the router, you can go to the Downloads section on the Taiko website and click on the Extreme Router Manual link. Or maybe there are printed instructions with the router... I am not sure as I haven't received mine yet.
Just make sure you switch to Roon first and disconnect / reconnect the network cable on your Extreme at the end.

And one more thing to cover:
Does your Taiko Extreme server have a static IP address? Extreme servers don’t come with a static IP address by default, so the question is - have you changed that? If you don’t know what I am talking about, then most likely it is safe to ignore this question.
However, if you have deliberately configured a static IP address on your Extreme, you will want to remove that and configure your Extreme to auto assign an IP address before you install the Taiko router.

(BTW, I cleared this with Emile before posting)
What if you never intend to use Roon, given that XDMS sounds so much better? No need for this fuss, then, I'm thinking?

nenon

Jan 29, 2020
Chicago
What if you never intend to use Roon, given that XDMS sounds so much better? No need for this fuss, then, I'm thinking?

Your IP will change. Using Roon to discover the new IP address makes things a lot easier.
You can then connect to the Taiko Wifi and switch back to XDMS.

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
Fing won't work with the Router in the chain?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Nenon,

Thank you for the insight. VERY helpful!

Reactions: LampiNA and nenon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing