Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Christiaan Punter

I agree, interestingly this “sound signature” you noticed on ripped files applies on using Windows 10 or Linux for music playback aswell. No matter what I tried (it would just be so much easier to run Linux as the OS) , this general signature remains. I have even tried different compilers/flags to compile the kernels, must have used dozens of makefile variations, but it appears to be there to stay.
It sure is interesting stuff, and annoying, too! I hope one day we will find the culprit!

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Muni

Sep 12, 2021
Hi Muni,

You are now looking at Logitech Media Server, XDMS is nothing alike that. BTW, you can also use Ipeng as a remote control app. That has a different, perhaps better interface. You will still need the TAS app for starting players / switch to Roon etc.
thank you, Emile i will not change anything now - and see what happens with XDMS!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I am on the West coast

To me Qobuz has always sounded better and as a result I don't play Tidal as much as Qobuz
I came to the same conclusion after getting curious about Quobuz and trying it out. I ended up eventually cancelling Tidal and upgrading my entire NAP.

Tom

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Once you hear the Extreme , it becomes not "whether you should buy it but rather "I want to buy it and why do I have to wait 8 weeks to receive it? .

All good things comes to he who waits. It will be one of the best gear purchases you will ever make, if not the best, IMHO

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
Excuse the noob question but it’s tough browsing through 400++ pages….

Do you ever turn off your Extreme? I plan not to, mine is here and it started to sound crazy awesome after 1 hour.
Nope, never.

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019

Do you ever turn off your Extreme? I plan not to, mine is here and it started to sound crazy awesome after 1 hour.
Congratulations!
It has been noted here some 200+ pages ago, that some have benefitted (and I believe Emile mentioned) from restarting the Extreme using the front bottom once in awhile. Kind of like a refresh. But it has not been discussed here in a loong time. It typically takes 4 or 5 tracks to resettle using the front button. (If you do a full power down on the back, it takes 3-5 days to resettle).
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Congratulations!
It has been noted here some 200+ pages ago, that some have benefitted (and I believe Emile mentioned) from restarting the Extreme using the front bottom once in awhile. Kind of like a refresh. But it has not been mentioned here in a loong time. It typically takes 4 or 5 tracks to resettle using the front button. (If you do a full power down on the back, it takes 3-5 days to resettle).
Enjoy!
Awesome info, thanks!

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
What’s the fastest way to reach Emile? I need my username and password and I am too excited to wait too long from my dealer…

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Well, Emile (and the team) seemingly do not sleep as many of us have witnessed. The wait won’t be long now that you have posted here. The personal customer service is another stratosphere. That said, I sure hope they all get to recharge over the holidays and soak in their successes.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
What’s the fastest way to reach Emile? I need my username and password and I am too excited to wait too long from my dealer…
Welcome to the Taiko Audio community !

The fastest way to get a customer service response is to send an email to support@taikoaudio.com

There are several people monitoring this inbox and its outbox

Your email will be answered and if needed, your case is handed over to a customer service person for follow up action.

if your problem has the CSP stumped, it then gets escalated to Emile who is always able to successful resolve the problem. :)

Last edited:

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Thumbs up for Emile and the team! I got my usser/pass just an hour ago. Made me wondering if the team sleep enough, it must be like 5 or 6 AM in Holland when Emile answered…LOL! I wake up early everyday but damn sure not answering email at 5am. I am very happy with my purchase from the service alone, not to mention the crazy SQ jump from my DMS-600 just after an hour of break in on the Extreme

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thumbs up for Emile and the team! I got my usser/pass just an hour ago. Made me wondering if the team sleep enough, it must be like 5 or 6 AM in Holland when Emile answered…LOL! I wake up early everyday but damn sure not answering email at 5am. I am very happy with my purchase from the service alone, not to mention the crazy SQ jump from my DMS-600 just after an hour of break in on the Extreme
I agree. Emile is always there to help. He must never sleep

Christiaan Punter

Ha, I sympathize! Currently trying to get through them all to get me up to speed. It sure is a wondrous journey! Good question, BTW!

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Excuse me if this is not the right thread but since it’s using Taiko Extreme I thought here is the most appropriate.

I don’t understand why my DSD files are all converted to standard PCM 24 bit when playing? DAC is Pillium Elektra and Taiko Extreme got the USB driver/compatibility right automatically from the get go, I didn’t have to access the Taiko Extreme Windows OS from VNC to manually install driver for Pillium Elektra, and I couldn’t find any file on the internet for Pillium Elektra driver anyway.
Pointers please, this got me quite frustrated.

image.jpg

1301577B-6C2C-471C-9085-28428BCEB86F.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing