Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I have 4 of them only.
But friend of mine is selling 2 standard Buffalows so I will get them soon.
As far as I remember Nenon tested upto 6 of them and they were still better Than 5.
So you might be on a good way if you are thinking to get 8 or 24 of them.

I suspect it is like reclocking. I have 3 TotalDAC reclockers . I can play with 1 but why should I if with 3 is better ?
Why should you not use 3 re-clockers? Because at some point multiple re-clockers may cost more than upgrading your DAC. There's a point of diminishing return.

A somewhat relevant analogy is the guy that continually upgrades his speaker cables to the point where they cost $20K while his speakers cost $4K. Which do you think sounds better, $20K speakers with $4k SCs or $20K SCs with 4K speakers?

Johnny Moondog

Oct 30, 2014

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
Why should you not use 3 re-clockers? Because at some point multiple re-clockers may cost more than upgrading your DAC. There's a point of diminishing return.

A somewhat relevant analogy is the guy that continually upgrades his speaker cables to the point where they cost $20K while his speakers cost $4K. Which do you think sounds better, $20K speakers with $4k SCs or $20K SCs with 4K speakers?
The simple reason is I cant upgrate my DAC any further !
It is 12 boxes TotalDAC at the moment . Created with great help of Vincent from TotalDAC.
So it is not a „4 k speaker with 16k upgrates”.

I am sorry but your ”analogy” has nothing to do with what most of us are doing here.
Just let the people do what they want please, its their money and their thinking.
There is nothing wrong with that I hope?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I noticed yesterday that Qobuz favorites are showing up with my local music in TAS. Is this new? I don’t remember seeing it before.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
You can enable/disable that in the "online library integration" plugin.

I don’t recall changing that setting which is why I am wondering. I do see that plugin is enabled.

Either way, this is great.

Reactions: oldmustang

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Reactions: Taiko Audio

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Most of us just turn to the Netherlands an quietly whisper "Hey Emile, are you there"? and a few minutes later, he magically appears on TeamViewer. ;)

I bug Ed instead of Emile so Emile can continue to cook some new stuff up in the lab.

Skanda

May 2, 2020
does anyone here have experience with using the emm labs da2 v2 as a dac with the extreme?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing