Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

NO! When you toggle between the 2, when you go back to Roon NO AUDIO DEVICE FOUND and it flashes back and forth, it find it for a split second, then it can't...

permanent solution is to disable the Roon at startup !

Same here . I was 99% of the time on Roon as it was better than XDMD.
From yesterday I am 99 % of the time on XDMS.
Shit is very accurate.

Actually There are 2 applications now both uptodate .
Roon that is 1353 and Roon Server that is 1311.
1352 on the remote

Kris, if you are running RoonServer, build 1311 then you aren't running the new version since that was the prior one.

@Christiaan Punter We need some direction/clarity on this Roon update.

1 - Is there a new Roon server version within the current Roon update?
2 - Can we update to this, and, if so, how do we do it without breaking Roon?

Reactions: John T
O
Kris explain as if I had a full frontal lobotomy!
Open your ipad
if you see the applications select the blue one with capital A - this is your app store.
go to the right upper corner and hit that blue circle .
it will show you updates awaiting for install.

How do

If you do multiple reboots Roon will be found...PITA...
Roon decided to SPLIT the Roon application to 2 separate Roon and Roon server.
it was to big I belive.
They claim it will improve the Quality but as we see it is not.

so much to read now about Roon and the infamous update. It continues to solidify my feeling that XDMS is the present and NSM is the future. The issue of Roon being gapless I know is a big thing for people but for me it is not a deal breaker.

C'mon Taiko let's put Roon in the rear view mirror and get NSM to your legions so we can stop worrying about Roon. I opened it yesterday to be sure I have auto updates disabled.....short of that I just don't use it

Reactions: VPN, cmarin and wil
so much to read now about Roon and the infamous update. It continues to solidify my feeling that XDMS is the present and NSM is the future. The issue of Roon being gapless I know is a big thing for people but for me it is not a deal breaker.

C'mon Taiko let's put Roon in the rear view mirror and get NSM to your legions so we can stop worrying about Roon. I opened it yesterday to be sure I have auto updates disabled.....short of that I just don't use it
Flipping malware

O

Open your ipad
if you see the applications select the blue one with capital A - this is your app store.
go to the right upper corner and hit that blue circle .
it will show you updates awaiting for install.
Got it, Thank You, I live a sheltered life..

@Christiaan Punter We need some direction/clarity on this Roon update.

1 - Is there a new Roon server version within the current Roon update?
2 - Can we update to this, and, if so, how do we do it without breaking Roon?
Yes I agree.
On Discord Ed has posted something about it. However, sometimes Ed posts as if we are all computer experts and he would appreciate detailed instructions, for non-experts like me.

permanent solution is to disable the Roon at startup !
I seek your wisdom again: Remember the Full Frontal: Is there a simple way disable and reinstall once you disable Roon?

After one mysterious bout of "where's the Extreme" in Roon, I have been enjoying music on Roon since the arrival of my Router + DCD. The SQ is wonderful, definitely elevated over the XDMS prior. And I have been reminded of the features that XDMS so woefully lacks:

1) Gapless! What a joy to lose the gaps.
2) Pausing a track and not having to start it all over.
3) Single search across all available music!
4) Listing of versions of a recording at a click - - so easy to select what you want.
5) Lyrics at a click.
6) Relevant recommendations.
7) Roon Radio. It's nice for what it is...

I sure hope I don't get hit with an update SQ drop, like others have experienced. Curiously, I have refused all offers to update, yet my Server version is 1311, and my PC version is 1353, which apparently sounds poorly for others. Not sure what to make of that, but Roon is weird software, after all.

My hope is that the NSM version of XDMS can bring some of the UI advantages that Roon delivers.

After one mysterious bout of "where's the Extreme" in Roon, I have been enjoying music on Roon since the arrival of my Router + DCD. The SQ is wonderful, definitely elevated over the XDMS prior. And I have been reminded of the features that XDMS so woefully lacks:

4) Listing of versions of a recording at a click - - so easy to select what you want.
5) Lyrics at a click.

I sure hope I don't get hit with an update SQ drop, like others have experienced. Curiously, I have refused all offers to update, yet my Server version is 1311, and my PC version is 1353, which apparently sounds poorly for others. Not sure what to make of that, but Roon is weird software, after all.

My hope is that the NSM version of XDMS can bring some of the UI advantages that Roon delivers.

In XDMS you can pause a track by hitting/tapping the pause button. If you hit it again it will resume from that point.

In my system Roon sounds a lot better than XDMS as well.

You can easily do this in XDMS Click the pause button to pause and then click the pause button again to play
and also you can use the filters in the DCD to make Roon or XDMS to sound better than the other....at least that was what I found

5) Lyrics at a click.

Leave it at 1311!!!

The latest update with Roon, dull, flat, uninspiring. Been listening to Roon for several weeks, has been sounding great. Now after the latest update, the aforementioned observations. WTF!! XDMS compared to what I am hearing now with Roon, blows it out of the water! Not close! Frustrating!! It "was" very close between the two...I don't understand this shit...BTW I'm on build 1353, latest version on the Extreme, and 1303 on the ipad. No latest update given to me for the ipad...
Agree on Roon 1353 update..it just ruined everything

I'm curious if Build 1353's diminished SQ only affects people with XDMS installed? Perhaps the conflicting nature of what is happening? Can someone chime in who has Build 1353 without XDMS installed and if they are experiencing diminished SQ...

John, I don;t see how they are related.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing