Table Clock for $2G anyone?

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
no thanks MAC..

I really like my MAC electronics but have never drunk the MAC kool aid. Watch the "blue meter group" stand in line for one of these. Pathetic.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Amiir-tube engineers from yesteryear could make tubes do damn near anything. just look through an RCA tube manual sometime to pick up a flavor for what has been created. Tubes are truly engineering marvels.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Amir!

Didin't notice you had started a thread about this 2 days earlier. Please go ahead and merge.....

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I've been checking around for a Nixie Tube clock myself. The top one here is available as a kit for $85.00. I'm ordering one so that I can build something similar to the one shown in the bottom shot. I think they both look pretty awesome!
That 2nd one is awesome. Is that someones DIY or is it available?

MiTT

Jun 29, 2010
Thornton, Colorado
Here's a link to the second one with the sweet industrial design. There are a couple of other cool photo's there as well as a video. Very cool stuff.

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2009/12/sweet_vacuum_tube_clock_build.html

It's actually a Russian Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) rather than a Nixie tube used in both of the one's I'd cited earlier. That really great looking second one in unfortunateky not available as either a finished good or a kit, it's completely custom DIY. It would look great next to my BAT pre-amp though!

Last edited:

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing