Superstream setup guide

bibo01

Nov 26, 2013
Mike - is there an easy way to rename the NAA computer so that it makes more sense in a multi-NAA environment? I'm starting on my 2nd and 3rd build for two other, more basic systems and would like to name them something like "bedroom" and "living room" so my wife has an easier time of it.

Also, you mentioned at some point that the NUC can take a 12 to 24 V DC feed? Does it make more sense to target the middle of the voltage range or to look at the Teddy Pardo 12V/4.5A PS rather than the 12V/2A PS?

Thanks,

Jordan

You can find the NAA naming dialog in HQPlayer under Tools-menu.

Germanboxers

Dec 14, 2015
You can find the NAA naming dialog in HQPlayer under Tools-menu.

Thanks bibo01! That works. Are you aware of how the AirPlay naming can be changed? Wife would like to simply AirPlay podcasts to either the bedroom or living room...she thinks this is really cool, but it seems that only one share
Ort sync is recognized at a time, probably since they are named identically?

Thanks!

bibo01

Nov 26, 2013
Thanks bibo01! That works. Are you aware of how the AirPlay naming can be changed? Wife would like to simply AirPlay podcasts to either the bedroom or living room...she thinks this is really cool, but it seems that only one share
Ort sync is recognized at a time, probably since they are named identically?

Thanks!

Sorry I do not know about AirPlay as I do not own one.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Mike - is there an easy way to rename the NAA computer so that it makes more sense in a multi-NAA environment? I'm starting on my 2nd and 3rd build for two other, more basic systems and would like to name them something like "bedroom" and "living room" so my wife has an easier time of it.

Also, you mentioned at some point that the NUC can take a 12 to 24 V DC feed? Does it make more sense to target the middle of the voltage range or to look at the Teddy Pardo 12V/4.5A PS rather than the 12V/2A PS?

Thanks,

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

You can do what Bibo suggested for the NAA. For the airplay, we can change the computer name although it's a procedure that I'll have to walk you through by email. So just send me an email and I'll help you out with that when I have a few minutes.

Thanks,
Mike

stephen_volker

Nov 2, 2015
Hey Mike,

This is a really well done tutorial. I cannot wait until I finally get situated and can do it. I am half tempted to buy it now before the price changes.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Hey Mike,

This is a really well done tutorial. I cannot wait until I finally get situated and can do it. I am half tempted to buy it now before the price changes.

Sounds great. Just let me know when you're ready to take the plunge.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing